Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by mattface, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Dude, if it doesn't come with a yack hair brush I pass. All you fools with wrinkly arms think yer so cool. Pfft.

2. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

If I buy 30 at wholesale, I can sell 29 and that will pay for mine. All you fools paying retail prices...

3. KyleK

KyleK One of the Regulars

FWIW - I have a pair of Lucky Brand stretch jeans that are still going strong after 9+ years! 98% Cotton 2% Elastane. They were comfortable from the start. No holes, no crotch blowout, just some fraying at the pockets and cuff. Sure, they're closer to white than the deep indigo they started, but that's to be expected. I'm into the heavy/raw/selvedge denim thing (don't like the Gustin cuts, however, I'm a regular straight, no taper, 501 kind of guy) but I've never had another pair of jeans last 9 years - especially not with regular wear and abuse! I think a little stretch can make for durability.
    Except for IH-634s, I haven't had a selvedge pair last more than 3 years, and that's with multiple repairs.

4. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

Crying with laughter thanks lads and lass!
    Back on thread I'm waiting for my first pair to arrive - #203 blue 14

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. Monitor

Monitor

I was waiting for this. lol lol

6. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Louis continues to be the Rodney Dangerfield of TFL even after he is gone. :D
    i_rodney.jpg

7. Cocker

Cocker Practically Family

Except Rodney Dangerfield was, well... Funny!

8. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

I've got a couple pairs of those too. They were my main jeans before I discovered comparably priced selvedge. Dude, I hate the Lucky's now! They feel like pajama pants

9. KyleK

KyleK One of the Regulars

You know, it's funny, Cyber Lip - I typed that they feel like pajama pants and then deleted it before posting!

10. winterland1

winterland1 Practically Family

You guys are a hoot.

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Pitched my Lawless refund at a Gustin Grab Bag, and received in return... a pair of the infamous Pima Fires! And you know what? They're a really cool pair of jeans. Very slubby and streaked, though not to the pearl-clutching extent that some have claimed, but also with a slight iridescence to the surface. They're a nice weight, 12oz, and wearable straight out of the bag. Gustin also kindly chucked in brass bottle opener into the bargain, which was very nice of them. Best of all, no customs charges!!

12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Yesterday I received a Gustin dark brown Horween belt that is 1 1/2 inches and has reasonable heft (thickness) for such a belt. Perfect accessory for Gustin jeans. Even my wife was impressed. :D The belt loops on my Bills Khakis jeans not quite large enough to accommodate the Gustin belt.

13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Given the loopiness of Lawless, Gustin's no-nonsense reliability is quite refreshing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  14. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I suspect any company can have something occasionally slip through QM that fails to meet the bar. Thus far everything I have received from Gustin does meet the bar.

15. zhz

zhz Practically Family

how does Gustin's classic belt sizing? Seems like it doesnt size correctly? I am wearing a size 30 jeans, shall I order a size 32?
    BTW, by any chance I can get the similar belt in UK?

16. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I like Gustin's 1 1/2" Horween belt and would recommend you order a size 32 belt if you wear size 30 jeans.

17. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Does anyone own one of these? They look rather thick, and I've always found the thicker belts to be uncomfortable as they're stiff and tend to dig in at your sides. I often tout the Leather Goods Connection, as they have bridle leather belts and you can customize them in a variety of ways. I have six or seven of them now. They're pretty quick on deliveries as well.

18. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

looks great open and buttoned pawineguy

19. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I have to confess, for the slim/ tight fit around the thigh and knee that I like, and +12hrs per day wearing it, without some elastene my feet would go numb and cold inside my boots, probably by the time I yank off the boots my dead feet would come off together with them. lol
    they also last a long time, as long as not being exposed to heat during washing/drying, or ironing (I never iron my casual clothes)
    but when washed with hot water, soonish it would turn into oversize pajama pants :) true that.

20. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Does anyone know what Gustin's delivery time is like these days?