Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H! I'm a Nutria

TipTop

Practically Family
Typical NYC-centric rodent's eye view;-> Fort Orange (aka Albany) has been a Dutch, then English beaver fur-trading post for more than 400 years. They all (French /Canadians, Dutch, English and Natives) came here to make fur deals, and put their goods on the boats south down the Hudson to NYC. The Albany Congress was held here and the Plan of Union, a forerunner to, and model for, our Constitution was presented here in 1754 by Ben Franklin a Colonial principal and while here, he worshipped at my church which is celebrating its tri-centennial this year.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I was rather amused by that bit of unlikely animation, and I'd be hard-pressed to argue the point of comparison between us and them, re: overpopulating, using up our surroundings, etc. [huh]

The "Let's just be friends" part is too funny. Humans aren't even friendly to dogs as a species, after all, only select breeds. "Man's best friend" my foot!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Save the nutria, I want a stable population being trapped to drive down felt hat prices.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi I saw a great show about the Louisiana SWAT Team(s) going out at night with scoped bolt actions and killing off the excess population. Just wish they'd save the skins for more hats. Fun, good practice, and getting rid of an invasive species all at the same time.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points