Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Half Soldier...

Edward

Bartender
I'm not fully up on the market in originals at present, but last I looked you could buy a wearable, very nice original for a fraction of that. The only reason I could fathom any A2 selling for that price would be documented connection to a big name, but I'd still expect to get more than half of it for that!

Unless they can prove it was the one worn by Glenn Miller during the crash, I'd pass...

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
It looks to be beyond any hope of restoration. What's left of the leather looks like it will crumble into dust at the slightest touch. I'm saving my $4,000 for other things.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I recently Saw a similar Peice of an A-2 Jacket, it was the painted back pannel only. It sold for about 600 Dollars.

This one, I would give someone a similar price, but I still think the condition of the leather itself is too far gone, totally dry rotted.

you put a drop of oil on that, it might crumble.

I wonder what happened to the other half of the jacket...presumably it crumbled.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Seen and Want both of those!

The parka is a way better deal of course. but that A-2 has what I like to refer to as *character*

that particular A-2 has dumpster diver Written all over it, I wouldnt change a thing about it...its absolute golden filth! Its probly the best A-2 Ive ever seen!

ITs how a good A-2 should look in my oppinion, Andrew however, might not agree with me on this, but hahaha...Yeah its how I like em, Toasty.

PERFECT, excepting the price.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
The parka is an awesome opportunity if the size is right, but yeah, the A-2 just looks great. I hope my repro Aeros look half as good in 70 years time.
It's beaten to hell, and it's dripping character.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
If I wasnt completely tapped out on funds, I would have bought that Parka instantly...it is a size 46 I think.

Its stunning, Pristine, and never left Alaska where it was most likely first issued for use.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
For a jacket in such rough condition, they are demanding an extortionate price. I wouldn't want to wear a jacket that ragged, and I believe I could tolerate a little bit of wear and tear, but not that much.

The thread title instantly made me think of this guy, from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

600px-GBURem58-1.jpg

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
That is an interesting parka for sure. I've never seen the like of it myself. If not for the modern zippers and buttons, I might think it was native made Inuit.
My uncle served in Alaska during the second world war. I wish I had his equipment, but my mom told me that he likely just ditched it all right after the war so as to put it all behind him.
He settled in Anchorage too, where the parka is now....hmmm, I wonder if??

Last edited:

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I think you guys are missing out. How many jackets have you see with a Schlitz bottle painted on them!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21