Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halliburton Suitcases

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I like aluminum, or aluminium if you prefer, and stainless stuff so picked up this Halliburton suitcase, on eBay of course. It is in pretty good shape and hopefully real. The cloth inside is in good condition. Other than the dings and someone's name on it, I think I can polish that out, it looks good on the outside as well. It did not have keys and the elastic strap needs to be fastened back down.

If anyone knows much about Halliburton and can help me out as to the age and authenticity I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Fedorista

Familiar Face
All I know is that if you were a US military purchaser, a case like that could run you upwards of $50,000.00.

funneman

Practically Family
Wow! I used to make those suitcases!

Back in the 70's I used to work for Zero Manufacturing in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Over the months I worked there I must have made a ton of those things!
It looks totally authentic to these eyes, and believe me, I saw enough of them.
Those things are waterproof, shockproof, stand-on proof and every-other-thing-proof.

When the big bomb hits, the only thing left on this earth will be roaches and those cases.

I'd say given the handle, and without seeing the hinge it's mid-70's.

A little backstory, that is the same style Haliburton suitcase that Nixon turned over the Watergate Tapes in. We also made the canisters they brought the moon rocks back in.

Great score!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
funneman said:
Wow! I used to make those suitcases!

Back in the 70's I used to work for Zero Manufacturing in St. Petersburg, Florida.

They were made in FLA? Who knew?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran