Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Naama

Practically Family
Hi all!
I know, there is already a thread about Halloween, but this one is about costumes only (don't want to discuss the origin of halloween here). So, there's only one week left and I still don't know what I want to be for halloween. I wonder, do you girls already have some plans on mind? Any tips? I thought about getting some inspiration from old horror movies, but can't really find the pics I'm looking for. I wonder, does anyone know what kind of costumes were popular during the old days?

Naama

Kim_B

Practically Family
:eek:

I still don't know what I'm going to dress as!!!

I was hoping once my dress I found on eBay arrived I'd wear that, but it just doesn't look right on me. I was so sad - I was looking forward to wearing it and getting my feet wet dressing in vintage style. So, it's back to the drawing board. I'm still toying with the idea of an "I Love Lucy" outfit, but I'm still having trouble finding a dress and shoes (would you believe I spent all day Saturday looking for navy blue shoes and there were none to be found?!) to look the part. I don't want to spend a fortune, so that's my other problem.

What's a girl to do?! (I know, not be so darn picky!) :)

Snookie

Practically Family
Lady Pirates & Gypsys (they had sexy costumes even back then!), Clowns, Uncle Sam, 18th Century Ladies and Gents(a pretty period and probably extra popular because it harkens back to the nation's early days), Animals for the kiddies. Haven't seen gory costumes like we have today.

Snookie

Practically Family
Oh, yeah, I think in The American Girl books, Molly dresses up as a Hula dancer. I believe that green crepe paper streamers were involved.

And in Meet Me in St. Louis (set in 1904? but made in the 40's) the little girls dress up as hobos.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals!

But what is everyone else going to wear?? Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to hear or see what you guys have up your sleeves!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, since it's on a Tuesday and I will presumably have to study, I don't think I'll be dressing up. Maybe put on a go-go dress and bouffant my hair if I am feeling silly.

I have a long black satin gown that I bought on clearance several years ago at Hot Topic. I usually wear it every year and just accessorize differently. This year I bought black wings for it and will be a dark but glamourous angel.;)
I am making my hubby a Darth Vader costume (the pre-mask/helmet look)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I have no idea what I'm going to be this year. We generally dress up at work, which is a lot of fun. I own a lot of WWII uniforms, but I don't feel right wearing those as costumes. Last year I went as Rosie the Riveter, I may just do that again. The only other costume I have in stock is a modern nurse's uniform with the white dress and all.

Redlights

New in Town
I'm not going "as" anyone...but I'm wearing my 50's new look dressing gown with my hair in curlers and some absurd floofy shoes.

missyoli

New in Town
hi everyone! i'm fairly new here. but i have been reading the forums and enjoy it very much. well as for halloween. it's one of my favorite holidays. and last year my boyfriend and i went as lucy and ricky. this year we are going as june carter and johnny cash. :)

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I am going to be the Bride of Frankenstein, last year I was a Mummy, so I can recycle part of my costume from last year:

Mummy.jpg

Goofy picture...

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Well...

I just ordered this blazer
silk_blazer.jpg

from the Baron Boutique and it arrived yesterday. It has an awesome fit, but the 'silver' silk is it made out of didn't quite match the swatch (or the picture). Basically, the blazer looks like it is made out of the shiny side of aluminum foil, so I will be a 'lounge lizard' by carrying a microphone if I go anywhere for Halloween. :eusa_doh:

Barbigirl

Practically Family
maintcoder said:
I just ordered this blazer
silk_blazer.jpg

from the Baron Boutique and it arrived yesterday. It has an awesome fit, but the 'silver' silk is it made out of didn't quite match the swatch (or the picture). Basically, the blazer looks like it is made out of the shiny side of aluminum foil, so I will be a 'lounge lizard' by carrying a microphone if I go anywhere for Halloween. :eusa_doh:

Wayne Newton :p don't forget to post photos
lol lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21