Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
On Crafster, someone had made full-sized yep-yeps costumes (you know, the aliens from Sesame Street). They were fantastic! I might have to *borrow* that idea. ;)

Kim_B

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
On Crafster, someone had made full-sized yep-yeps costumes (you know, the aliens from Sesame Street). They were fantastic! I might have to *borrow* that idea. ;)

Yes! And did you see the awesome Transformer costumes?!

I hope to have some pictures of my costume - we were allowed to dress up at work today, and they are having a costume contest. I don't expect to win anything, but I am enjoying dressing up! :)

I am a witch - I wore a black shirtdress that buttons up all the way, and made an orange "tutu" to wear underneath. I left the bottom half of the dress unbuttoned so the skirt would show through (don't worry, I have a pair of shorts and a slip on just for good measure!). I found a witch's hat that is black with orange trim, and has a sheer spider web fabric on it. Finished off with black tights, black shoes and my cat-eye glasses for a vintagey look...I've gotten many complements on it today, so that's even better than winning the costume contest! :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
Yes! And did you see the awesome Transformer costumes?!

Did you see the Optimus Prime costume that actually transformed into a truck while the kid was still wearing it?!?! I am astounded by the creativity.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Here's me
l_4d6fab14142bdd1fe96f90dcd89cf70f.jpg

l_ae8a7309d2cb01813bf391cdcbeb4b30.jpg

Doh!

One Too Many
Thanks for the link, Edward -- I forgot to make that my outgoing voicemail this year.

Oh, well, there's always the Grinch song come Christmas.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
My little Hallowe'en epic...

Well, this is how it went- I went to school in my usual cold weather attire and I seeing how a good chunk of the locals were donning some sort of guise, I felt I wanted to join in. Not having anything but my regular clothes and a few extras still inside the coat, I took a good bundle of toilet paper and voila - my Claude Rains impersonation:

semi-invisibleman.jpg

The "bandages" went off 5 minutes later.
Ironically, when the best costumes were being paraded about for a contest, I got pushed into the "limelight" and when asked to explain, I simply remarked "This is no costume"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points