Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
image.php
[/url][/IMG]Hey Everybody. New here. I am Mateo formerly of San Francisco and now from Seattle. I may know a few of you from SF and LA, so if you recognize me say hello.

I just found the forum and got all nostalgic for my SF days. I stayed up till late last night reading. I miss the old days of sitting around for hours talking about collar widths or hat crowns with the likes of Roberto from SF and Miguel and Mario from Santa Cruz. Don't wear much anymore, but I sure am not getting rid of anything. Anyway, by way of intorduction, since I don't have any photos of me in my gear, but I do have photos from the last three Halloweens, I though I would post and ask the other members what they like to do for hallowen. Do you dig into the closet, or do you try to find vintage costume wear, or do you insist that vintage is not costume, it is your every day clothing so you intentionally wear something non vintage?

I usually put it off till the last minute, then I madly dash into the closet and throw something together. I have been pleased so far.

This year wore my 40s thrift store steal. A perfect condition three piece Hollywood Clothes suit with the widest and highest pants and flashyest cut I have ever seen. More of a woking guys night out suit than a business one. I took a vintage 50s cowboy hat that I zooted out, some vintage hipster shoes I bought in Texas, a thick satin 40s sport shirt so thick I can't imagine someone wearing it, and grew back my old moustache and voila, pachuco.

Last year, I was a mobster hit. Wore a tight fitting 30s suit and hat with a bullet hole and neck slash. Ye
image.php
[/url][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]ar before I wore a 50s deerskin jacket, hand made 40s courderoy western shirt, tan gaberdine western pants, tan vintage acme boots, and a 50s rodeo cowboy hat with a real vintage neckerchief. And of course the moustache.

Anyway, just excited to find this site and some people who would appreciate cool stuff as much as I do.
image.php
[/url][/IMG]

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails