Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Fathers Day

Marty M.

Vendor
Hello fellow Fedora Lounge Fathers. I think that all of you would agree that the biggest joy in life isn't the materalistic items that we can buy and wear. It isn't the bargin deal that we got on a Ebay purchase or while sifting through aisle upon aisle at an Antique store.
Nah, the biggest joy are those wonderfull bundles of life that are beautiful wifes gave us. I know, I have three of them. So here's to all of you Fathers out in Loungeville. Happy Fathers Day to you all.
Marty Mathis

Marty M. said:
Hello fellow Fedora Lounge Fathers. I think that all of you would agree that the biggest joy in life isn't the materalistic items that we can buy and wear. It isn't the bargin deal that we got on a Ebay purchase or while sifting through aisle upon aisle at an Antique store.
Nah, the biggest joy are those wonderfull bundles of life that are beautiful wifes gave us. I know, I have three of them. So here's to all of you Fathers out in Loungeville. Happy Fathers Day to you all.
Marty Mathis

Great idea for a thread. Thanks and Happy Father's Day to you and all fathers here on the Lounge. Parents have the hardest job of all----setting a good example. ;)

Regards,

J

RedPop4

One Too Many
Thank you and to you.

I had Fathers' Day last night. My older son plays ball, and he's REALLY come on lately at the plate, to the point where he was moved up to fifth in the batting order, and now, with one kid on vacation, he's batting fourth. He went 3-3 last night with 2 RBI. All this after struggling at the plate for the first part of the year. They lost, 8-7 last night, and have lost a few more games because of ther 2 "best" players. Hotheads who sling the ball all over and allow runs to score, and walk batters when they're on the mound.

My kid, and the good pitcher (who isn't fast, just throws around the plate) are quiet and work hard.

ANYWAY, Fathers' Day.
After the game last night, they gather "at the tree" to discuss. We're leaving Sunday to go to DisneyWorld, missing playoff week. Coach says this.
We gave away the game tonight, in the field. Season is over, and playoffs are next week. Little RedPop is going on vacation Sunday, and if y'all don't win a game, he's going to come home to no more baseball. Little RedPop has worked harder than ANYONE on this team all season long. He's caught every game, and his hitting has really come on in the last couple of weeks. It wouldn't be fair to him to come back and find out y'all lost and he doesn't get to play anymore.
I teared up. I don't need presents, now.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Thanks Marty -- boy, do I agree with this.

I almost replied to the "Love at first sight" thread, but my one and only experience with love at first sight was when I held my son and daughter for the first time. They are my world and my life, and I owe all that I am, and hope to be, to them.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and granddads out there.

Steve

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Marty, Like they say, "The best things in life aren't things.". With a 19 year old son and an 11 year old daughter, the fun just keeps on coming. I'll be 66 when she graduates. They keep me young!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Any of you fellas gotta hanky? Seriously... there's nothing like watching my husband playing with our son.

Parenting IS the hardest job in the world!

Have a wonderful Father's Day all!
Nikki

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Great thread, Marty! Becoming a dad at 39 was a bit frightening. Being a dad at 43 is as good as it gets! No matter how old she gets, she'll always be "daddy's little princess." :)

museum.jpg

Happy Father's Day, compañeros! (...and don't forget to call your dad!)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Johnnysan said:
Great thread, Marty! Becoming a dad at 39 was a bit frightening. Being a dad at 43 is as good as it gets! No matter how old she gets, she'll always be "daddy's little princess." :)

museum.jpg

Happy Father's Day, compa?±eros! (...and don't forget to call your dad!)

That is a great picture.

Marty M.

Vendor
Back atch'a buddy.

Diamondback said:
To all the dads, would-be dads, "surrogate"/"proxy" dads, and dads-at-heart out there, this one's for you guys.

*hoisting Dr Pepper*
Here, here. Right back atch'a buddy.
Marty

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Father's Day...

My father (DAD) passed away on Boxing Day (Dec 26) a number of years ago now. That's about 17 years ago and I still miss him ever so much. I really wish he was here for me to do son/daddy things where I could take him on holidays..etc, but that's all fantasy now [huh] Although I honour his memory every day, it's on Father's Day that makes me realise that this lovely man is no longer around on this earth. But it's as good a day as any to focus my thoughts in remembering this kind, mild mannered 'fedora wearing' gentleman, and in many ways, although his body no longer walks this earth, part of him still lives throughout my daily life. So thanks 'Dad!'

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I was going to take my daughter somewhere nice for father's day. But then decided to ask her where she wanted to take me.

So tomorrow I'll be going to McDonald's for father's day.

I would rather go somewhere she wanted to go then someone I wanted to go. :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My dad is so hard to shop for. He doesn't want anything. He doesn't want anybody to DO anything.

Youthful rebellion time! Us kids are taking him out for steak sometime this week (he wailed about crowded restaurants... my dad is thisclose to being a hermit, I swear...) and there's nothing the old man can do about it! :p lol

-Viola

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks folks, and happy father's day to you all too.
Tonight for father's day I cooked (in fact, I almost always cook dinner) :
Lamb shoulder with plums and raisins braised in Merlot; garlic string beans; salad with fresh corn, oregano, tomatoes, and red romaine lettuce.
The wife loved it.
My daughter (with my wife as proxy) gave me argyle socks.
That was my first father's day as a father.
Good times.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Doran said:
Thanks folks, and happy father's day to you all too.
Tonight for father's day I cooked (in fact, I almost always cook dinner) :
Lamb shoulder with plums and raisins braised in Merlot; garlic string beans; salad with fresh corn, oregano, tomatoes, and red romaine lettuce.
The wife loved it.
My daughter (with my wife as proxy) gave me argyle socks.
That was my first father's day as a father.
Good times.

Congratulations, Doran...sounds like a terrific and memorable first Father's Day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points