Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Fathers Day

D

Deleted member 16736

What are you wearing on Father's Day that your dad gave you?

I'm wearing a 1950's 18k gold Jules Jurgensen automatic watch that my grandfather bought new. My dad inherited it when my grandfather passed away, and I inherited it from my own father in 2007. He almost never wore it and I didn't even get it until several years after his passing when my mom found it in his closet. She thought it was fake and was going to throw it away! I figured out it wasn't fake and had it restored. It's now a shining, beautiful keepsake that reminds me every day of my father's love for me and his father's love for him. Happy Father's Day, everyone.

Awesome Joel. All my jackets carry silver coins from my grandfather's and father's collections. Funny something like that is so important to keep around. I don't have a big family and those matter a lot.

Happy Father's Day.

53Effie

A-List Customer
They are not something I can wear, but I still have many of my dad's tools and I still use them regularly. He was a skilled mechanic and they remind me of him. He taught me a lot. Some of them date from the late 40's and early 50's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot