Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Phil

A-List Customer
To everybody at the Fedora Lounge,

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I think the best quote to sum up Thanksgiving comes from the film "Pieces of April" (which, by the way, is an excellent movie to watch for Thanksgiving). The quote comes from April, the main character, as she is trying to explain to this Chineese family what Thanksgiving is all about. After 2 pessimistic tries, April finally comes up with the best definition that I've heard, it goes,

"Once, there was this day... this one day when... everyone realized they needed each other."

I think this is what Thanksgiving is really about. It's not about the food, or the pilgims, or the indians. It's about being together and taking a day to just think about how good it is to have the people you know in your life. It's a day to take a step back and look at what you have and really be thankful for it. Everyone takes eachother for granted sometimes and I'm no exception. But that's why we have Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and I'll see you all the day after.

Shimmy Sally

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Very well said. You have a wonderful holiday too.
Yeah, I liked that movie, even if it does have that dopey what's-her-name in it with dorky fake tattoos. I got to see a free pre-screening of Pieces of April when it came out, otherwise I probably would have passed it by. Now it's becoming a tradition.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!! See ya at the kid's table!!
kidstable.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All very well said.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope your day is full of good food and great family.
I have a real lot to be thankful for this year. I will spend most of the day enjoying my family and good friends, and most of all counting my blessings.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto