Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hard Heart Hats

HardHeartHats

Familiar Face
Hello! I just finished my second Fedora - this time it's a ladies Fedora in green velour fur felt. It has a very stingy brim, which I was happy to get out of it, as I pulled it from a very very small fur felt hood. It was definitely a learning hat, but I'm proud of the trim on it, and I think it suits me. I tend to wear my fedoras tilted back so they don't squash my bangs. If you'd like to take a look, I put photos of the whole hat making process on my facebook haberdashery page, Hard Heart Hats: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.162174713982915.1073741834.161102970756756&type=1

There's another gallery on that page of my last Fedora, a man's from a Man's fur felt body, and a straw, non-Fedora I'm currently working.

Cheers,
N

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
560533_162661507267569_600171040_n.jpg

1236518_162174673982919_253697142_n.jpg

HardHeartHats

Familiar Face
Thank you! It started out as one sort pf bow, but I fussed with it and came up with something hybrid. I really enjoy working with the ribbon. Clearly, it can always get neater and crisper, but I'm pleased with my first attempt at designing my own bow.

Cheers,
N

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I did it with my iPhone. :)
Not hard it makes it easier using taptalk program for the iPhone to access the forum.
It is my preferred way now as I it notices on my iPhone for subscribed threads. As well as qouted post and PM's. plus you can post pictures right out of your photo library.

HardHeartHats

Familiar Face
I did it with my iPhone. :)
Not hard it makes it easier using taptalk program for the iPhone to access the forum.
It is my preferred way now as I it notices on my iPhone for subscribed threads. As well as qouted post and PM's. plus you can post pictures right out of your photo library.

That's fabulous. I'll get it ASAP! Thanks for the tip.

Jomodad

New in Town
Hi Natasha. It was a ton of fun in Lee's class. Nice to see your finished work up here in the Fedora Lounge. You looked good in all the hats I saw you try on.

Cya -Michael
Aka jomodad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

HardHeartHats

Familiar Face
Hi Natasha. It was a ton of fun in Lee's class. Nice to see your finished work up here in the Fedora Lounge. You looked good in all the hats I saw you try on.

Cya -Michael
Aka jomodad

Hey Michael! Nice to see you on here! Those classes were a blast. Lets get together soon.

HardHeartHats

Familiar Face
6 7/8 Red & Turquoise Fur Felt Fedora

This one has a more rounded crown than I've done before. Pulled on a block from the 50s. Started as a red fur felt hood, trimmed in 50s turquoise ribbon with red jungle cock feather.

utu2yga5.jpg

e6a9e7et.jpg

ahabuqam.jpg

zaqe6aru.jpg

uqe5ysug.jpg

udyzyju4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points