Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harley Motorcycle Jacket

norton123

New in Town
AMF owned HD back in the late 60's thru the 70's and even tho I have never actually saw an AMF version, HD jackets were American made and of pretty good quality.

Not now.....made in China and they really show it.

Plus you can't buy a plain jacket anymore, has to have some kind of huge brand writing everywhere and are real gaudy.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
AMF Gloves

I had a pair of AMF leather gauntlet gloves I bought in the mid 70s. They were a great pair, well made, and warm! Unfortunately, they were stolen from me around 2001. I really miss them!

guygardner

A-List Customer
That's one of the things that appealed to me about this jacket, its classic design. Anyways, it should arrive soon so I'll get to see for myself.

ron521

One of the Regulars
I wonder who made the jackets for AMF.....perhaps the same maker who made for Sears, and Penneys? I used to own a very nice Excelled motorcycle jacket purchased at Penneys. Or maybe someone like Schott, who now makes jackets for US Wings and Legendary USA.

roadking04

Practically Family
My first leather jacket was a traditional "Brando" style from Harley Davidson. I bought that jacket around 1994 or so and it has a made in the USA tag on it. The jackets they sell now are expensive garbage from Pakistan with logos all over it. My Harley jacket was good quality but cant hold a candle to a vanson. I think you will be pleased with it.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yuppie Look

I had a JC Penny's Brando jacket back in the 70s. They may have been made by Excelled, both jackets had the stitching fail where the sleeves met the body. Heavy leather though. On a side note, I paid $90 for the Brando, and sold it for $300 in the early 90s when the whole Yuppie Harley thing was starting, seems he wanted the real look!

mrc

Familiar Face
Just got it yesterday. What do you guys think? Here it is after being cleaned up:

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums... AMF Jacket/?action=view&current=IMG_3480.jpg

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums... AMF Jacket/?action=view&current=IMG_3479.jpg

I am really happy with it. I love the classic cut of the jacket.

While I'm partial to the cafe racer, this is a great classic rocker-style jacket! I like that it doesn't have an attached belt, which I see on the Schotts as well as so many other versions. Wearers always leave it unbuckled and sloppy!

Enjoy it--I don't think there are too many like it left at such a good deal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic