Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harris Tweed sports ...

mikepara

Practically Family
just to clarify, I'm not after info on the Tweed jacket as such but:

Photo's or drawings, or catalogue/ magazine entries on variations of dress with the jacket. I want to start wearing these beasts but am not sure what to match them with and would like a heads up. MP

mikepara

Practically Family
Oh no...

I tried a search for Tweed Jacket. That wasn't much help 20 pages of miscellaneous stuff with the odd mention of Tweed in the odd post, or pictures of Tweed jackets.

Its the ensemble I was after. I was just hoping some of you lads with encyclopedic minds would offer a link to a post or a website.

Hornet35

New in Town
Can't offer you any help with directions to a website or catalogue but, unless I've misinterpreted your question, how about the following: depending on jacket colour grey flannels or a light colour cavalry twill trouser with good quality, Goodyear welted, brown brogues. You can team this with a wool/cotton mix tattersal check shirt and restrained woollen tie and be on your way to the "39 Steps" in no time. For Scotland in the winter a decent pair of moleskin trousers (Glengarnock or some such) and a moleskin waiscoat might also be worth considering.

Hornet35

New in Town
OK, so I guess the next question is whether you want to achieve 'the look' using vintage clothes or whether you'd be content with the traditional 'English Country Gent' image using contemporary attire - for which there are any number of suppliers. Whatever, it might be worth looking in your local shooting shop for some inspiration - traditional grouse shooting clothes haven't changed much in the last 120 years! Look at the Glengarnock website..........

http://www.glengarnock.com/site/pdf/glengarnock.pdf

Tootlepip.

mikepara

Practically Family
"Farmer John...

I'm in love with your daughter." Sang The Premiers. Thats as near as I want to come to farmers.

I was thinking more, college, (preppy is it?) school tweed, than River Tweed.

Still I own cavalry twills and cords, and do live in the country. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points