Has anybody seen ____ around Lately?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Boyo, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

+1 I agree...hope he is doing well...

3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

4. ton312

ton312

Wondering about Seb too. Just read a thread about the surrogates jacket he posted in and it jarred my memory.
    Where’s @ProteinNerd too? These koala kids got too cool for us? That guy made me buy 10 bootleggers trying to get one look as good as his.

sweetfights, Kuro, Worf and 9 others like this.
  5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

No time for jackets or TFL. Too busy seeking cover when they hear the Purge siren every night.

Worf, dubpynchon, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  6. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

tmitchell59, Boyo and handymike like this.
  7. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

He said he was taking a break but it’s been a while now.

8. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

What about Hh ? Elephant hunting ?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Carlos840, ton312, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  9. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

I was wondering about @Seb Lucas too, he was very active here then nothing all of a sudden. @ProteinNerd has been around lately, just not that often I guess.
    Same for @Thuggee , another MIA from the Aussie front.

dan_t and Boyo like this.
  10. JoeNiblick

JoeNiblick One of the Regulars

What about @JanSolo? He used to post a bunch in Outerwear.

Cheech and Boyo like this.
  11. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

JanSolo had the best goathide Aero. The coat that told all the other coats where to sit down.

12. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I think that Covid-depression has done for a lot of us. I'm lucky in that I am in Shanghai and we're relatively free of new infections but we ain't leaving the borders or seeing our families anytime soon. I want to talk about and buy jackets, but, as the man says, 'Oh, how slow the moments go'.

Boyo and Monitor like this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

Dinerman still sells stuff on eBay so he's definitely around. Butte left because of BigJ, BigJ left because of everyone else lol.

Dan's has had a very busy and a very awesome year though I'll let him speak but he's around and well. I hear from him on FB.

14. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  15. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@Sloan1874 is another guy we used to see & read daily.

16. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

I wonder about the reasons for people to leave the forum. Whether it's because subject matters have changed (eg less on military styles and more on civilian styles), or whether it's because leaving the forum is a way to control one's jacket (buying) addiction.

17. Monitor

Monitor

Quite a few members with whom I'd occasionally exchange a private message in the past had moved on to other things, right after they upgraded their wardrobe. I suppose a lot of people join the forum simply to get the assistance on upgrading their wardrobe and having taken care of something which for the vast majority doesn't really matter at all, move on.

I suppose it really is true we only chose our wardrobe twice in our lives and TFL is just the perfect place for when that second time (the grown-up phase) comes around.

18. ton312

ton312

I’m only 1/4 here for the jackets tbh. There’s not much left in that realm to surprise or impress me. I like the community above all else. That’s why I can’t leave. This is my most enjoyed social media platform! Fakebook and Insta-ham just don’t offer much.

19. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

I talked with HoosierDaddy the other day. He has some things going on that take up a lot of his time. He is doing well and hopes to be back soon.

Han Solo has been gone for a long time. He is really a cool guy. Everyone will remember his "Tree." Han and his girlfriend (who is beautiful, BTW) had a child about the time he quit posting. He got real busy.

Han lives in Germany, but does business in England. Even though German is his native language, he speaks unaccented English.

Those are the only two I can help out with.

sweetfights, Cheech, Tom71 and 9 others like this.