Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

aught12

One of the Regulars
Tumwater

Thanks bowlerman

untitled-2281_zps864ee06a.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:

Monte

A-List Customer
That is a Cool Tumwater with a ribbon that compliments it immensely.
My Stratton, which I threw on today, is different than most of my lids because it doesn't have a ribbon which is the same color or a darker shade of the hat but still both colors are earth tones. It's a little snug but still comfortable. Oh, and the sweat is green as well.
e1dd010d-7708-4830-9c9e-cf86f9f0b98a_zpsdeab6310.jpg

Last edited:

Monte

A-List Customer
Stratton being a huge supplier of police officer hats, the colors may be leaning more on the uniform side... Designed for utility rather than beauty.
I may have to swap to brown on this one....I should take the one off my black hat. haha

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Some of these may have been posted before.

1930s Penn-Craft

01214.jpg

1930s Mallory

01312.jpg

1900s Stetson

01415.jpg

1920s Stetson

01515.jpg

1910s Feiges

01612.jpg

1900s Peschel
Not the original bow/ribbon. Replaced under my ownership (did not have a ribbon, and no, I did not replace the bow. A very popular hatter from these parts did).
01711.jpg

1920s/1930s American Hat Co.

01915.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The Peschel really stands out to me. It's interesting to see the conservative treatments of those 30s hats next to each other too.

Mr.Astor

Banned
Nice thread! I hope it continues. TonyB,conjures up an era with an inner city attitude that to me are why men wore hats! A neighborhood thing along with Comforts,highly polished,leather jacket full length,or a jacket waist coat herringbone grey and white or black and white. You didn't fight, you met your opponent on the dance floor and beat him there! Ah for the good old days!

Mr.Astor

Banned
I love all these nifty ribbons . . .
But for my money, no one, but NO ONE, beats Art Fawcett for classy ribbons :)

Mingoslim, don't be to hasty check out Katarina hats etsy! She makes an awesome " a word I hate " nonetheless. Her bows are beautiful aged, frayed, a true artisan!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The first photo is a 30's Dobbs with its original ribbon. The 5th photo is the original Feiges ribbon but with the bow and knot design re-worked. The rest are collaborations between myself and Bob Jessee. All vintage designs using NOS ribbon.

Last edited: