Hat advice please!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Ada Veen, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ada Veen

Ada Veen Practically Family

I have this decidedly non-vintage hat, and was wondering, do you think I could get away with passing it off as vintage style with the right outfit? I like how wide the brim is.

I'm not sure I could get away with it, but wanted some advice. Honesty appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy One Too Many

If you Ladies don't mind a fella giving a little input....

I think you can. You might want to steam the brim straighter with a downward snap all the way around. like the forward part of the hat in the second photo.
    I don't recall who it was, but one of the ladies had a FANTASTIC photo in a pose similar to yours, where you don't even see her face, but it is a stunning photo.
    Get the kettle boiling and start steaming!

3. Ada Veen

Ada Veen Practically Family

thanks for the good advice! Perhaps I should have put this in hats rather than in the powder room...

4. It was Ruby Red Locks :)

I have a hat quite similar to that, but mine is straw. I love yours. Much more suitable for wear on days when it's not even sunny :)

5. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

The hat looks great; I'd suggest seeing how it looks a little farther down on your forhead. It's simple and classy. Wear it!