Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat-astrophe

JCBurns

Familiar Face
I had a terrible terrible thing happen last night. Here is what led to the disaster... I head over to my local watering hole for a bit of liquid refreshment and karaoke. I walk in and am instantly handed my favorite mixed beverage by the lovely bartender, Rosie. A little conversation at the bar ensues and I then decide that I need to step outside for a cigarrette. After finishing my smoke, I came back in and discovered that the barstools are all occupied. No big deal, I head over to a table, have a seat and remove by Knox "Tom and Jerry" and place it crown-down on the table. As I enjoy the lovely sounds of Pam singing some great Karaoke and the taste of my Captain Morgan Tattoo and Coke, I reach up and scratched my nose. While doing this I realize that my fingers have a very bad odor to them. I pull my hand away and look at it with curiosity, and then realize the stench has not abated. I start to look around and, to my horror I see smoke curling up from the far side of my beloved fedora. Yes, you guessed it....I had placed the pristine brim directly over the candle on the table!!!! I now have a quarter-sized hole burned thru the brim of one of my favorite fedoras. I am sad beyond belief today. And before anyone says it...I was only 1/2 way into my very first drink of the evening!

In Mourning..

JCBurns

kiltie

Practically Family
Tragedy, or innovation?

thor-helmet1.jpg

( Before anyone asks, I cribbed the pic offa the net - it's not my helmet [ sadly ]. )

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
That's even more heartbreaking than when I left mine in a cab. At least I knew that someone else would probably wind up enjoying it. My deepest sympathy.

carter

I'll Lock Up
What's your hat size?

J.C., I thought this was to be a tale about a lost or stolen hat. It's even worse. Sorry to read about your T&J. Here's hoping someone here will have a burning desire to help you replace it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Do we have a "sad hat stories" thread? It seems like I've read a number of accounts of hats that have been run over, burned, or killed by cleaning attempts.

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Now with photos..not for the faint of heart

I have decided to add a couple of shots of the T&J and the carnage.
\
P1010282.jpg

P1010283.jpg

IndyCop, It was not a custom, simply a very nice Knox that I was lucky enough to find in a local antique store...for $38!!! Waaaaaaaa

Oh and Carter, I'm a 7 3/8. LOL

JCBurns

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That is sad. I think Douglas and the Baron are the only ones who have ever posted photos of that model - which I also think is the only hat tie-in with booze that I've seen.

Here's to ya.
1338_1.JPG

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
J.C., That is tragic! :eek: How about some sort of resurrection as a narrow-brim? It might work. [huh]

I was thinking about a matching hole and a chin strap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112