Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

In its prior incarnation, this Stetson had a diamond with a slightly domed center for the top of my melon.

While attempting to widen the humps at the top of the front crease (successfully), the formerly round dome, where the U is now, turned into this:

View attachment 336393

I'm not sure what to call it (heart crease? Mickey Mouse crease?), but I think it's pretty cool.
upload_2021-5-22_8-14-17.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
60F8316F-4C50-43FD-8A98-8EF9159DFEFE.jpeg
E85C1DEC-B826-4C94-9BAC-0C49087F6962.jpeg
647B35A0-39A0-49DB-8BE6-C13702D48A1F.jpeg
In its prior incarnation, this Stetson had a diamond with a slightly domed center for the top of my melon.

While attempting to widen the humps at the top of the front crease (successfully), the formerly round dome, where the U is now, turned into this:

View attachment 336393

I'm not sure what to call it (heart crease? Mickey Mouse crease?), but I think it's pretty cool.
Reminiscent of this one.
B

This has become a favorite with me....looks better in person...very hard to photograph. It is inspired by BLARE fooling around with one of his hats with a front crossover, so I took the awesome felt of this 50's Royal Stetson and did a front AND back crossover with a sort of Galapagos islands in the middleo_O.....fun to wear....only hat I have done this with.............(the hat said it wanted this!!!!:eek:;))........so far! :D
This hat has GREAT felt and a triple row stitched over-welt! It is pristine!!
Pleased to get this hat from fellow lounger Brent!
50's Royal Stetson.jpg 20200807_154029.jpg 20200807_154037.jpg

This has become a favorite with me....looks better in person...very hard to photograph. It is inspired by BLARE fooling around with one of his hats with a front crossover, so I took the awesome felt of this 50's Royal Stetson and did a front AND back crossover with a sort of Galapagos islands in the middleo_O.....fun to wear....only hat I have done this with.............(the hat said it wanted this!!!!:eek:;))........so far! :D
This hat has GREAT felt and a triple row stitched over-welt! It is pristine!!
Pleased to get this hat from fellow lounger Brent!
View attachment 337013 View attachment 337014 View attachment 337015
Cool... I like it!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I creased a blue hued Playboy as I usually do. I have seen pics in Movie advertisements in the 40-50's with hat creases that emphasize the crown height and yet add drama to the "tugboat" that was available on the crown heights of the decade. Fancy words to say that I creased past the top edge of the crown. I think it is a cool visual for this hat model.

i-hnctq9R-M.jpg

Still working on the "arrow." A Stetson Whippet was the experiment today.

i-Q8XQWZn-M.jpg

I worked the crease on this Monson fedora to emphasize the crown. The hat has an annoying bit of taper right at the top of the hat and this crease eliminates almost all visuals of the hatmakers taper. The deep diamond with a bar across worked and wore the best.

i-kvSfrJs-M.jpg

Yesterday I creased a blue hued Playboy as I usually do. I have seen pics in Movie advertisements in the 40-50's with hat creases that emphasize the crown height and yet add drama to the "tugboat" that was available on the crown heights of the decade. Fancy words to say that I creased past the top edge of the crown. I think it is a cool visual for this hat model.

i-hnctq9R-M.jpg

Still working on the "arrow." A Stetson Whippet was the experiment today.

i-Q8XQWZn-M.jpg

I worked the crease on this Monson fedora to emphasize the crown. The hat has an annoying bit of taper right at the top of the hat and this crease eliminates almost all visuals of the hatmakers taper. The deep diamond with a bar across worked and wore the best.

i-kvSfrJs-M.jpg
That can be effective. I’ve found on hats that have too much taper or maybe too deep a center dent for too long that creates a taper effect.... if i give it a nice wide crease in the back it will counter the taper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch