Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat discolor

sebastianss

New in Town
Looking for some insight as you can see in the picture the very slight discoloration? The felt is a sunrise nutria slate color i have not pounced it they come pre pounced I believe 600 grit. Should i pounced it to 800 or try luring the hat I have not tried oiling a hat before? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 4AB6A5A7-9A03-4202-8A57-CE90C0204453.jpeg
    4AB6A5A7-9A03-4202-8A57-CE90C0204453.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
Looking for some insight as you can see in the picture the very slight discoloration? The felt is a sunrise nutria slate color i have not pounced it they come pre pounced I believe 600 grit. Should i pounced it to 800 or try luring the hat I have not tried oiling a hat before? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Have you called Sunrise? That would be my first step. They have been very helpful with me in the past.

I agree with Deadly....my first move would be to call Sunrise. If it came to you like this it looks to be flawed unless you got it wet and steamed. They warn you about 'flashing'.

sebastianss

New in Town
It most likely flashing then is there anything I can try to fix the coloring, it’s not horrible just one slight spot would like to see if there’s something I can do

It most likely flashing then is there anything I can try to fix the coloring, it’s not horrible just one slight spot would like to see if there’s something I can do
I would ask sunrise for direction. I never had any success using methods that work on beaver or rabbit felts to even out a dye job. On the nutria it just made it worse. I would send it back before trying to fix because if you make it worse it they may be reluctant to take it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner