Hat identification help

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Spats McGee, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MetroFox

MetroFox New in Town

Hi guys
    I'm a new member, although I've been reading the posts from afar for a while now!
    I've bought a Stetson hat from ebay (from someone in Seattle - I'm in the UK!), but am yet to receive it. Is there anyone out there who can shed any light on what hat it might be and when it was made? I guess this is difficult from just a photo, but there might be someone out there who just 'knows'?! Many thanks, Simon

Attached Files:

2. Just Daniel

Just Daniel Practically Family

Looks like a new hat. I don’t track those at all, but maybe there is a label under the sweat?

Enjoy the hat!

M Hatman and MetroFox like this.
  3. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

It's a fairly recent production Stetson. Perhaps when you get it, there will be a model designation if there is still anything left of the UPC tag. It's under 20 years old, and likely under 10.

You might page through some old catalogs to see if you find something similar. They currently don't go back very far, though.

http://www.hat-co.com/public

MetroFox likes this.
  4. MetroFox

MetroFox New in Town

Thanks very much!
    I bet there's something under the sweatband that might lead somewhere. Thanks for the link ;-)
    Simon

hatsRme and Frunobulax like this.
  5. MetroFox

MetroFox New in Town

Lo and behold, it states ‘Raider’ under the sweatband, as in ‘s of the Lost Ark’ :)

M Hatman, Just Daniel and Frunobulax like this.
  6. That makes perfect sense....looked to me like an early "Temple"......

MetroFox likes this.
  7. MetroFox

MetroFox New in Town

Yep, pleasingly, makes absolute sense! After I went through Frunobulax's catalogues, I had it pinned at a 'Temple' or thereabouts.
    Thanks all,
    Simon

M Hatman likes this.