Hat on TV

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Wasz, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Wasz

Wasz New in Town

Anyone watch Burn Notice this week? The main character Michael went into a night club with another character. He was wearing a hat that looked quite awesome.

I don't know how to screen cap it, but you can see it at this link starting at about 11 min 50 sec and going until the club scene ends.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/75964/burn-notice-friends-and-family

Anyone know where I might be able to find that hat?

2. Wolfwood

Wolfwood A-List Customer

That service only works for the citizens of US, so it would be great if someone else were to take a screenie of it and post it here! :)

3. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

The Print Screen key is your friend.

[​IMG]

Looks like a straw hat, might have a bound edge.

Brad

4. kkesler

kkesler New in Town

I never could see it really well during the scene, but I think it was straw. Seems like we see more and more hats, both on screen and on heads. Good stuff.

5. Al_Ojeda

Al_Ojeda Familiar Face

Cheap cuenca, bound edge [huh] could be also paper straw even worst, the brim is poorly shaped and the crown with a lot of taper and barely 4 inches tall, the headband is fabric pleated [huh] no gross grain ?? not my cup of tea :rage: anyway at least some hat in movies. :eusa_clap

6. hatted

hatted One of the Regulars

Hats on Caprica

In "Caprica" the straight-to-DVD movie that sets up the Caprica series next year (prequal to Battlestar Galactica), the hats that are worn are simply awful. (See attached for an example). This series is a great opportunity to showcase great hats, and all they can do is place piles of (well, I don't really know what they are, but they sure ain't hats) atop the actors heads.

[​IMG]

7. Al_Ojeda

Al_Ojeda Familiar Face

Is that a women gloves or what [huh]

8. It is supposed to be an alien world so maybe their sense of style...um...nevermind.

9. hatted

hatted One of the Regulars

The latest episode (The Reins of a Waterfall) has Eric Stoltz in what looks like a gray Borsalino. It's got no taper, a pretty high crown, and if the brim were a bit wider, it would be perfect, except that it looks a size too large for Stoltz.

10. Musashi

Musashi One of the Regulars

I like this thread! If anyone recognizes more of the hats in Caprica, post it up! Maybe if the show lasts the producers will improve the hats! Surely the costuming people must care about quality.. if the hats aren't top notch its got to be because they aren't aware.

11. Not-Bogart13

Not-Bogart13 Call Me a Cab

I just mentioned in the Caprica thread that I think I have seen several Stetsons, and I believe Morales is wearing a Saxon.

By the way, if you see the pilot, the gloves are explained as a mourning tradition. I think they were those black crime scene gloves that have popped up on a few newer police shows, the non-rubber ones.

12. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

2415C5E5-0105-4F6E-8007-12AFDB0861B8.jpeg F8B791A6-55E0-4AB6-9604-A48F6E15BFAD.jpeg 7BF0BB6A-0A00-4691-A0B2-95A0C2A1B805.jpeg 40413699-3A92-40BF-82E6-F928AE6A9379.jpeg 88CBDB71-8D1D-45B1-9E03-CC350F0BC0EE.jpeg I’m watching the Emmys. Who IS this guy? The extreme dimensional brim?!

13. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey, Zombie_61 and hatsRme like this.
  14. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think the guy is making a political statement, his left wing is definately more developed than his right. :rolleyes:

15. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Hey, you're all talking about him, aren't you? :D The hat did it's job.

hatsRme and deadlyhandsome like this.
  16. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Billy Porter's hat was made by Stephen Jones Millinery Ltd. London.......I mention it in case anyone wants one just like it. :D

[​IMG]

Bamaboots likes this.