Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat on TV

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
That service only works for the citizens of US, so it would be great if someone else were to take a screenie of it and post it here! :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The Print Screen key is your friend.

BurnNoticeHat.jpg

Looks like a straw hat, might have a bound edge.

Brad

kkesler

New in Town
I never could see it really well during the scene, but I think it was straw. Seems like we see more and more hats, both on screen and on heads. Good stuff.

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
Cheap cuenca, bound edge [huh] could be also paper straw even worst, the brim is poorly shaped and the crown with a lot of taper and barely 4 inches tall, the headband is fabric pleated [huh] no gross grain ?? not my cup of tea :rage: anyway at least some hat in movies. :eusa_clap

hatted

One of the Regulars
Hats on Caprica

In "Caprica" the straight-to-DVD movie that sets up the Caprica series next year (prequal to Battlestar Galactica), the hats that are worn are simply awful. (See attached for an example). This series is a great opportunity to showcase great hats, and all they can do is place piles of (well, I don't really know what they are, but they sure ain't hats) atop the actors heads.

caprica2shot660.jpg

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
hatted said:
In "Caprica" the straight-to-DVD movie that sets up the Caprica series next year (prequal to Battlestar Galactica), the hats that are worn are simply awful. (See attached for an example). This series is a great opportunity to showcase great hats, and all they can do is place piles of (well, I don't really know what they are, but they sure ain't hats) atop the actors heads.

caprica2shot660.jpg
Is that a women gloves or what [huh]

hatted

One of the Regulars
The latest episode (The Reins of a Waterfall) has Eric Stoltz in what looks like a gray Borsalino. It's got no taper, a pretty high crown, and if the brim were a bit wider, it would be perfect, except that it looks a size too large for Stoltz.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
I like this thread! If anyone recognizes more of the hats in Caprica, post it up! Maybe if the show lasts the producers will improve the hats! Surely the costuming people must care about quality.. if the hats aren't top notch its got to be because they aren't aware.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I just mentioned in the Caprica thread that I think I have seen several Stetsons, and I believe Morales is wearing a Saxon.

By the way, if you see the pilot, the gloves are explained as a mourning tradition. I think they were those black crime scene gloves that have popped up on a few newer police shows, the non-rubber ones.

Garret Dillahunt as Francis Walcott in Deadwood (the series).

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7478.JPG

He had previously played the part of Jack McCall on the series.

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7489.JPG

Dillahunt had played the part of Edward Miller in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. (2007)

L to R: Jeremy Renner as Charles Woodson (Wood) Hite, Sam Rockwell as Charlie Ford, & Dillahunt as Ed Miller.

IMG_7477.JPG

I shaped an Akubra Territory to resemble the Miller hat but didn't like the way I had to wear it up & back on my head due to the brim break in front.

IMG_7476.JPG

The real Ed Miller killed at what was then called Highsinger's Grove. Today Highsinger's Grove is a wetlands refuge for waterfowl owned by the Missouri Dept of Conservation.

IMG_7480.JPG

IMG_7481.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko