Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat photography

Cortina Man

New in Town
As a photographer who loves street photography, I do look for people wearing great hats if I can get the right photo, this one is a little subtle...

27759795035_ee4ca34195.jpg

Last edited:

Bigger Don

Practically Family
One of my favourites, an elderly man wearing his nice hat, and wearing his poppy for Remembrance Day (a Canadian thing), a portrait...

4082554007_4bd16af0d9.jpg
Great pic. Here we call it Veterans Day. Veterans' groups sell paper poppies. Each year I try to buy several when I can find them. One I put in the office where I'm working. As a consultant, this changes quite frequently. It often gets a comment, starting a conversation. When I leave, I leave the poppy behind, hoping it reminds the people I've worked with for at least a few days. I know of one that was "confiscated" by a great client and she keeps it in her office.

Others I give to fellow veterans.

Maybe some year I'll get around to growing some.

Cortina Man

New in Town
Great pic. Here we call it Veterans Day. Veterans' groups sell paper poppies. Each year I try to buy several when I can find them. One I put in the office where I'm working. As a consultant, this changes quite frequently. It often gets a comment, starting a conversation. When I leave, I leave the poppy behind, hoping it reminds the people I've worked with for at least a few days. I know of one that was "confiscated" by a great client and she keeps it in her office.

Others I give to fellow veterans.

Maybe some year I'll get around to growing some.

In Canada they mass produce plastic ones, they are sold all over the country...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
And just to prove that I wear hats too, my friend took this photo of me, doing my usual photography of an event... Wearing a Smithbilt hat, a local Calgary hat maker with very long history... https://smithbilthats.com/
There is no burden of proof mandated but how do we know thats really you...?
Great pictures. Nice Smithbilt and welcome to The Lounge.

Last one, this could go on and on... I'll update this one occasionally... A local man, photo taken downtown, he does work on ranches and often also comes into Calgary for arts events...

14027314647_a3d863d026.jpg
CM, I wanted to post to this thread again to let you know how much I enjoy this photo. The lighting & depth of field are just great! Anything more that you can share about your subject or his hat? It appears to have an unusual flange with a green ribbon & binding.

Welcome to the forum!

Cortina Man

New in Town
CM, I wanted to post to this thread again to let you know how much I enjoy this photo. The lighting & depth of field are just great! Anything more that you can share about your subject or his hat? It appears to have an unusual flange with a green ribbon & binding.

Welcome to the forum!

This photo isn't as good but shows the full hat...

14024187490_62acd0c175.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana