Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Shops in SW Florida

funneman

Practically Family
I'll be in Naples for four days, November 16-20th, hoping someone here can recommend a hat shop or vintage clothier nearby.

Any loungers up for a dinner-time meet and greet while I'm there?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I think I've heard tell of a (modern :( ) hatter in the Tampa Bay area but doubt that there's one in Naples.

Before I travel, I do an internet search for "Thrift Stores" and "Antique Stores" for the given city and arrive armed with maps, addresses and phone numbers.

G'luck!

I'll see if my gal wants to do a little road trip to meet up with you while you're there. If so, I'll coordinate. Thanks for the invite!

funneman

Practically Family
Thanks Gene!

I've just been dying to do one of those
Lounger expedition/photo-ops that keep
popping up here. It looks like so much fun.

I've been trying for months to get together with
other Florida Loungers to no avail.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do quick search and
see what I can come up with.

It would be great to meet up with you,
bring your harps and I'll bring the flat top.
Maybe we can make some extra money on
the street to cover the cost of our gas!;)

Mike K.

One Too Many
I live in Naples and can honestly tell you...unfortunately...that there is absolutely NOTHING here. :( There are no hat shops anywhere in the area - maybe a few hours drive in Tampa or Miami - but nothing in Naples. As for thrift stores and antique shops, the only half decent one is Homer Helter's near Pine Ridge Rd. All the other stores have junk. It puzzled me for the longest time - why, with such a big retirement-age population, would you not find more good vintage items? Then it dawned on me. Most of them get rid of the good stuff up north before they retire here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Naples just isn't the place for good vintage finds...that's why I use eBay so much.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
funneman said:
I've just been dying to do one of those
Lounger expedition/photo-ops that keep
popping up here. It looks like so much fun.

I've been trying for months to get together with
other Florida Loungers to no avail.

I think you're doing it the right way this time; "I will be in X town at Y place at Z date & time. I'd like to see you there. Otherwise I'll have fun without you..." sort of approach. Sometimes it seems everybody pussyfoots around about trying to agree on details and then it's next year before you know it and the get-together didn't happen.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you will, please, update us closer to the date if you know where/when you'll be...

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112