Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Tricks

bradford

Familiar Face
So, when you watch old musicals, sometimes you see the actors doing stuff like rolling the hat up their arms before putting it on their heads or in the Bond films, Bond walks into Moneypenny's office and throws his hat, landing it right on the hat rack.

But other than practice, practice, practice, where would one learn how to do such tricks?

Any thoughts, YouTube videos, etc?

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't do it with an expensive hat, but since I wear mostly inexpensive and non-vintage fedoras...

I unexpectedly found myself to be an ace shot at throwing a hat. Not just tossing it to myself and letting it spin 360 degrees per toss, but sending one across a room towards a small target. If I want to claim a spot at an empty table at a very informal and empty establishment (and never a table with food on it!) I'll take my hat off and toss. I once sent one halfway across an empty pizza stand dining room to a perfect landing on a 4-person table.
:pizza::bounce:

I occasionally target other people, but only ever in humor, and with folks I know well. I have a running joke with a computer classmate here at college. We razz each other constantly whenever we're in an informal class or lab setting, and if he ever gets too uppity, I fedora frisbee him. And I have a pretty good record of getting him right in the nose, too.
:high5::yo:

I just laugh along with the frequent Odd Job comments and only toss a hat when it fits... or when some unsuspecting friend will never know it's coming...
:spy:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
flip.gif

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I just noticed that the hat is on backwards. It had to be placed on the table that way so the opening was facing the direction from which he was coming. He would have to take it off and turn it around after all that effort.

I guess I'm going to stop donning my hats this way. All that effort, just to have to turn it around with my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana