Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatalog-7 1930's brown Adam Homburg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
homadamfront-vi.jpg
homadamside-vi.jpg
homadamliner-vi.jpg
homadamleather1-vi.jpg

Fedora

Vendor
Good golly, now that looks like my ladies borsalino-with bashes. Right down to the 2 inch ribbon, and pencil rolled brim.;) Fedora

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks for taking the picture in outdoor lighting. That is a nice shade of brown. (Today I am wearing a Dobbs "Carmody" style snap-brim, that is officially called "mink" color. Color looks practically the same.)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Matt, that's a beautiful example you have, there. Once we get Fedoras back in style, let's work on Homburgs. Oh wait, we are doing that, aren't we? :)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
An interesting dichotomy...thread necro is frowned on in most forums, but it's also good to see people using the search feature. Another forum I'm on will being down the fury of the heavens if a poster brings up a topic that's already been covered elsewhere.

That IS a nice homburg. Makes me realize I should look around for one of my own.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Whats more ironic, those boards that frown upon replying to a years old thread also tend to frown upon starting a thread on a topic that's been discussed in the past.[huh]

Kentucky Blues said:
Whats more ironic, those boards that frown upon replying to a years old thread also tend to frown upon starting a thread on a topic that's been discussed in the past.[huh]

It makes better sense to be lenient because there are always new members sauntering up to the bar. I'd rather have them feel welcome rather than chastized right out of the box. :eusa_doh: :D

Regards,

J

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
It makes better sense to be lenient because there are always new members sauntering up to the bar. I'd rather have them feel welcome rather than chastized right out of the box. :eusa_doh: :D

I guess that means we're fair game, JP?

I like the image of all these newbies opening the
tops of their boxes.

The forum format does make for a crummy database,
but there is a lot of information about hats to be found here.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Oh good, since nobody seems to mind, I'll bring this one back from the dead again.

Lately I've really taken a liking to homburgs; especially brown ones. A brown homburg seems almost a contradiction - it's brown, which is (to the modern mind) a casual/daytime color, but in a style which suggests formality and evening wear.

I've always anticipated someday owning a black homburg for use on those rare occasions I get to attend black-tie events, but until then... Does anybody think a fellow could pull off a brown homburg with a sport coat and slacks, or would that be like wearing a tophat with a business suit?

-Dave

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dave,

Try the whole outfit on, and see what you think. Then take photos and post them here. Finally, totally ignore what your wife has to say about it. (That last point does not, however, extend to all other areas of life.) :)

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Mr. Marcus, for the encouragement.

J.T.Marcus said:
Finally, totally ignore what your wife has to say about it. (That last point does not, however, extend to all other areas of life.) :)

Hmm, you've either met my wife or you've heard me talk about her and her conservative fashion sense. :D

Now, I just have to find an inexpensive brown Homburg. No more wool felts for me, either! But, I'm willing to bet that Homburgs don't go for quite the same money on eBay as fedoras.

-Dave

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
David Conwill said:
But, I'm willing to bet that Homburgs don't go for quite the same money on eBay as fedoras.-Dave

Dave,

You're quite right. In fact, we've seen a few absolutely beautiful homburgs shown here by fellows who were contemplating trying to convert them to fedoras in the hopes of being able to have a very nice fedora at relatively low cost. That generally results in a bunch of posts begging the person not to do such a thing to such a beautiful homburg. But the fact that guys are willing to do consider that underscores the fact that they are out there at good prices.

Cheers,
Tom

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Man, I WISH those things looked good on me but I've never been comfortable enough with the contrast of the 'roundy' hat lines atop the thin angular features of my face.

I also no longer have occassion to wear anything close to a business suit or formal wear down here in the vacation wonderland tropics.

I suppose it's for the best since even though they may be bought at lower prices, I'd find a way to collect 60 of them and that adds up! I speak from snap-brim experience. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko