Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sources for leather hat bands?

RJR

I saw one vendor on ETSY that has something similar to what I am seeking. He lists the sizes as being 1x23. The folks who made my custom hat suggested that any band I order be at least 25" long
Drop the vendor a line most will adjust to your needs.I had a couple of these made and they needed to be extra long,the maker had no problem with
Hat-Akubra-FED IV-Tawny (2).jpg
my request.

milandro

A-List Customer
Lately I have started replacing bands on a few hats which for one reason or other needed one. I have had very good results sourcing thin belts in the women’s department of a major department store. I have started, with the same purpose, also to look at the women’s belt in thrift shops. If one is looking for something a biut more decorative, one could also take a look at necklaces in the same thrift shops, very inexpensive and plentiful always.

BCTTU

New in Town
I just received by Stetson Roadster and love it. However, the hatband that came on it is not that impressive. I'm looking for a custom, hand tooled had band to replace it with. I probably want something in 3/4-1 inch range. The hat is acorn in color, and I'd like a unique hatband in color that compliments the hat. I will probably adorn it with a pheasant feather once the new hat band is on.
Does anyone have recommendations for a custom hatband maker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112