Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatco catalogs

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the Excellent New York looks interesting

still weak color selections and still the only 6" crown is the Stetsonian

I may have to order a Premier Whippet in sage ... that tickled my trigger finger

• It's nice they've re-introduced the St. Regis. I like an open crown Hommie
  • The Racine is gone.
  • As is the Excellent Stratoliner
  • They snuck in the oxblood for the Temple, but not in Excellent quality; and they do not show what oxblood looks like.
  • I wish they offered the color combos in Premiere Whippets that they do in the Special Edition
  • They no longer refer to "Sheepskin" sweatbands, but now have "Roan" sweatbands

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
http://www.hat-co.com/perch//resources/f16-stetson-dress-catalog.pdf

I'm eying a few lids in the spring dress catalog already — the Stetsonian in Light Gray in particular.

Anyone know when these new lids actually hit the street?

Thanks,

- m

As one of the few who actually owns a Light Gray Stetsonian, they should be available. They were in last year's catalogue, as well. Nobody seems to stock it, but DelMonico will order it for you. You might encounter a bit of a wait, however.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
As one of the few who actually owns a Light Gray Stetsonian, they should be available. They were in last year's catalogue, as well. Nobody seems to stock it, but DelMonico will order it for you. You might encounter a bit of a wait, however.

Fruno, do you have a pic of the light grey Stetsonian that you can post? I'm suuuuuuuper curious about its "light'ness."

Thanks,

- m

Fruno, do you have a pic of the light grey Stetsonian that you can post? I'm suuuuuuuper curious about its "light'ness."

Thanks,

- m

Thanks,

- m

Amazingly enough, I don't have any photos on my hard drive. Here is a link to me wearing the hat after I first got it. It's a pretty light gray, and may look "whiter" in these photos than it actually is. It's a very nice color.

The photo of the brim binding in this post may be more accurate.

Last edited:

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Amazingly enough, I don't have any photos on my hard drive. Here is a link to me wearing the hat after I first got it. It's a pretty light gray, and may look "whiter" in these photos than it actually is. It's a very nice color.

The photo of the brim binding in this post may be more accurate.

Fruno, thanks!

I have to have it. You've officially reached bad influence status, the highest compliment I can give on this forum. Will reach out to DelMonico in the upcoming week or two.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
be ready to grow old waiting for the hat

I would order elsewhere .... but that is just me

Moon, you've hinted at an affinity for JJ Hat Co in the past — my favorite hat hut — but they've been hesitant to place any custom orders from Stetson for me in the past. For example, they had me order a Racine a few months back directly from Stetson, have it shipped to my place, then across country to JJ Hat Co for a bash (lame, I know, but I just don't have the magic touch yet), then shipped back home. That's a lot of miles for a lid. Have you had similar experiences with them?

Moon, you've hinted at an affinity for JJ Hat Co in the past — my favorite hat hut — but they've been hesitant to place any custom orders from Stetson for me in the past. For example, they had me order a Racine a few months back directly from Stetson, have it shipped to my place, then across country to JJ Hat Co for a bash (lame, I know, but I just don't have the magic touch yet), then shipped back home. That's a lot of miles for a lid. Have you had similar experiences with them?

Well, if you want to read my entire sordid story, go here.

Both Moon and I have had some questionable experiences with Stetson/DelMonico; however, in my case, I don't blame DelMonico for anything except not communicating with me. Stetson's "response time" was abysmal, and it appeared they catalogued something they didn't have. The second time DelMonico went to the well, it really was about 6 weeks. And I don't know of anybody else that would special order this color, save my local hatter here in town, and her prices are quite a bit higher than DM. Sometimes I wonder if there's another light gray one out there on anybody's head!

I do not know the details of Moon's experience, but I know he was spitting nails at one point, too.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Well, if you want to read my entire sordid story, go here.

Both Moon and I have had some questionable experiences with Stetson/DelMonico; however, in my case, I don't blame DelMonico for anything except not communicating with me. Stetson's "response time" was abysmal, and it appeared they catalogued something they didn't have. The second time DelMonico went to the well, it really was about 6 weeks. And I don't know of anybody else that would special order this color, save my local hatter here in town, and her prices are quite a bit higher than DM. Sometimes I wonder if there's another light gray one out there on anybody's head!

I do not know the details of Moon's experience, but I know he was spitting nails at one point, too.

Thanks Fruno.

I keep trying to give Stetson the benefit of the doubt, but similar stories keep arising for anything not off the shelf. My main motivation for a lid these days is a 6" crown (I'm tall, anything less looks "dainty"), which instantly limits my (our) options with Stetson. I'm not into the stock Stetsonian colors, unfortunately, and I can't quite justify the price tag associated with vintage lids. The predicament has turned me into an Akubra man that favors the Campdraft.

Speaking of 6" crowns, is there anything on the market besides Stetsonians and Campdrafts?

A couple of the Stetson 2020 catalogs are now out. The Spring City 2020 has some interesting hats, but a whole lot of shantung too. I wish more had leather sweatbands.

A sampling:

dec938954b523d1d718495ec0f2d0afa.jpg

4d0079e83c052a056b634753dbd0cfe1.jpg

19310019aeadda94251dc8a7f7042498.jpg

e80b9af7e495823ba3fcf83a97b2a7a2.jpg

4a1cc09c783bd495219b31eeaa5eb51e.jpg

http://www.hat-co.com/perch//resources/stetsondresss20.pdf

http://www.hat-co.com/public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks like updated catalogs are among the victims of Covid. In the past, the fall catalog would be out around now and the spring should have been out long ago. I’m not in the market for a new mass produced hat but it’s fun to look.

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
It looks like updated catalogs are among the victims of Covid. In the past, the fall catalog would be out around now and the spring should have been out long ago. I’m not in the market for a new mass produced hat but it’s fun to look.
Good morning Brent,
The physical catalogs came out on time.
It doesn't appear that they have been put online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk