Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Caps In The Style Of...

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I've been thinking about this new thread all weekend. The Fedora Lounge is a great place to show off your favorite hats to other members [and non-members] who also love hats. We have seen so many wonderful posts of some truly beautiful and legendary hats, and there are quite a few members here that have quite an artistic style to their photos when showing off their lids.

So, here's what I'm thinking. Try to follow along. Give us some shots of your favorite hats "...in the style of" some of your favorite posts from other members. For instance, Nik (aka Rabbit) likes to photograph his hats at an angle, with the hat hanging on a rusty post in front of an old wall. Robert (aka RLK) shows off his new hats in front of a tiled wall, with an ever so serious look on his face. Alan (aka alanfgag) always looks like he's in deep thought (thinking about his next hat, maybe?), sometimes b/w, sometimes color. These are just a few examples of posts that always stand out for me; they're always memorable.

Are you getting it? You don't have to copy the shot to every last detail, but have some fun with it and pay some homage and flattery to some of your favorite members. :D This thread could last a few posts or even a few [hundred] pages; I'm hoping it will gain some stream and become something clever and unique. So, I will go first, and I mean these in the highest regards. Here are a couple of pics "in the style of"...

Eric (aka Short Balding Guy):

393A94D7.jpg

53EAFA31.jpg

Try to describe the shot in reference to the original member's artistic style. Eric's photos are usually taken in front of some fir trees. For me, his pics draw out the sharp contrast between the deep green needles and the soft felt of his hats. You can be as simple or as descriptive as you'd like. :)

And if you don't have any favorite posts or you can't recreate them, then show us some shots "in the style of" what inspired you in regards to hats or how you dress. For instance, if you first started wearing hats after you saw Indiana Jones, then show us an Indy shot in costume! If you have a hat that was inspired by Humphrey Bogart, then show us a pose from Casablanca, in full suit! Simply post a picture of what inspired you and try to copy it. I'm sure you can think of something.

I'm anxious to see some really fun posts! :thumb:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo