Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had a Tanqueray and Tonic while wearing a Stetson Panama Center Dent. So hot in So Cal that linen and Panamas the only way to go. And Hermes' Eau d'Orange Verte.
Tanqueray and tonic sounds good! My families after fishing drink! My father was a sales rep for a large beverage distributor. We were only allowed products that he sold in the house. This meant Jim Beam, Chivas Regal, and Tanqueray. Although after retirement we drank Gordon's. Gin and tonic is great on a hot afternoon

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Tanqueray and tonic sounds good! My families after fishing drink! My father was a sales rep for a large beverage distributor. We were only allowed products that he sold in the house. This meant Jim Beam, Chivas Regal, and Tanqueray. Although after retirement we drank Gordon's. Gin and tonic is great on a hot afternoon
The Queen drinks Gordon's and if it is good enough for her.... She drinks it 50/50 with Dubonnet, ONE cube of ice and a slice of lemon. Not bad, actually.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Quite possibly the best ribs I’ve ever done on the barbecue. Beer=>Sparkling wine=>Zinfandel based red blend. Have I over-indulged? With these ribs, it was not to be helped!
EA27407B-00A5-4656-892B-78F8D5A1ECFF.jpeg

And, oh, the hat is my regular barbecue hat - an Akubra Cattleman…and it’s on back to front in these photos. Perhaps I have over-indulged!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was in Fort Worth this past weekend and am just now able to post....

I had a Ranch Water at Mavericks, I was wearing my 3 ply Bone Buckaroo Hatters , Ranch.

8YOtNl.jpg

y45502.jpg

I was able to check out some of their Greeley Hats!

2jNKJ9.jpg

VVesIZ.jpg

I then checked out the set for the new Yellowstone series, Y 1883.

mMGE8H.jpg

u61AbW.jpg

tFyW62.jpg

Ko3VXP.jpg

I really had a great time!!!

Rusty it appears to have been a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

20210902_185749.jpg
Jack Barrel Proof 134 and the 2 hats I wore today. Early 50s Royal Stetson kept the sun off me at my cousin's funeral this morning...and since I had already blown off work to go to the graveyard I wore the mesh trucker hat to the lake this afternoon to do a little fishing. The cat with no name is photobombing my effort.

Rumad

One Too Many
That’s a great Stetson. So sorry about your cousin man. Fishing can numb that a little. All there is is family, in the end. Be well.

Blare

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 358817 Jack Barrel Proof 134 and the 2 hats I wore today. Early 50s Royal Stetson kept the sun off me at my cousin's funeral this morning...and since I had already blown off work to go to the graveyard I wore the mesh trucker hat to the lake this afternoon to do a little fishing. The cat with no name is photobombing my effort.
I am sorry for your loss Dale.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 358817 Jack Barrel Proof 134 and the 2 hats I wore today. Early 50s Royal Stetson kept the sun off me at my cousin's funeral this morning...and since I had already blown off work to go to the graveyard I wore the mesh trucker hat to the lake this afternoon to do a little fishing. The cat with no name is photobombing my effort.

“There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. When a cousin passes away it is a time of real sadness and hurt for the whole family. I am thinking of you Dale.

The hats, cat and beverage work for finding peace in the memories of your cousin.

Cheers, Eric -

I am sorry for your loss Dale.
Thank you, Joe

“There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. When a cousin passes away it is a time of real sadness and hurt for the whole family. I am thinking of you Dale.

The hats, cat and beverage work for finding peace in the memories of your cousin.

Cheers, Eric -
Thank you, Eric

Blare

I'll Lock Up
A small family gathering for the interment of my brother-in-law’s ashes. Had my Mallory The Dallas decked out in my homemade Miami Dolphins inspired ribbon and a Miller lite in Danny’s honor. Been four months but still like it just happened. Miss ya bro.
7C04A96E-7868-49C4-9BE2-3BA05C7ABE21.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylize