Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Yesterday evening was started with a Founders All Day IPA. In the cooler evening temps this beer was refreshing.

The evening was my opportunity to open a new bottle of Ardbeg Wee Beastie. Un-tamed with small taste of peat throughout was my take last night. Not a complicated taste that makes for a nice companion to reading newly arrived magazines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers folks, Eric -

The Shoe, Mm25, Snowman and 7 others like this.
  2. Michael Gannon

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

The Shoe, FunnelVission, Mm25 and 7 others like this.
  3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Mm25, Blare, RBH and 2 others like this.
  4. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.
  5. Thank you guys. It's Winchester 100, came open crown & it's so nice & soft; will do anything. Takes nice big elephant ear dents without touching my head. Sometimes I think about changing it up but have resisted the urge.

RBH, Blare, Short Balding Guy and 2 others like this.
  6. Short Balding Guy

Natural beaver pairs well with Modello IMO.

A crushable sour ale, Surley Supreme was my beverage for a jaunt around our property and a quick visit t the neighbors.

[​IMG]

As the sun left the sky I sipped some Arbelour Casg Annahm. Lovely time to be outside.

[​IMG]

Swirling the whiskey in order to smell and them sipping was a treat.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe, Mm25, Bamaboots and 6 others like this.
  7. Morning cogitation under a 1989 Kevin O'Farrell Rancher drinking a Scooter's Shooter with a corn cob pipe.

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_7541.JPG

The Shoe, Scooterz, RBH and 8 others like this.
  8. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

That’s a great looking hat. Love that cob too, I’ve always thought there was something special about the combination of fresh Virginia and corn cob. Old fav of mine. Enjoy your thoughts HJ.

Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.
  9. Besides a Virginia I like a good cigar leaf in a narrow bore stacked cob. I keep a few MM cobs for canoeing on the water, mowing grass, anywhere were I could harm a good Briar pipe.

Mm25, Rumad and Blare like this.
  10. Short Balding Guy

Yesterday evening I sipped a Guinness on a walkabout through the yard.

[​IMG]

As the evening edged on I sipped a wee bit of Wee Beastie.

[​IMG]

The evening dark sky had Cassiopeia being very prominent.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  11. A few German Bocks then home for some Craigellachie 13.

8CA70256-58AB-4CD6-8D42-7C79268EBFC5.jpeg
    477D0056-0160-45F0-90CD-924559A7B655.jpeg

The Shoe, Scooterz, Blare and 6 others like this.
  12. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

13. Thanks Joe! I like the Craigellachie label, a reprint of their 1891 label.

Blare likes this.
  14. Yesterday some Northern Ales under a SBCD.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_7718.JPG

The Shoe, RBH, BobHufford and 6 others like this.
  15. Yesterday was TGIFHH with a TFCD.

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Then home to kill off the last of a bottle of Codigo 1530 Tequila Blanco.

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

The Shoe, Blare, RBH and 3 others like this.
  16. After some chores today was College Game Day & the last of a keg of Sammy's Summer Ale. I guess summer is officially over now. With my Worth - Walden.

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

Then home for some Ardbeg Corry.

IMG_2397.jpg

17. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

A606069D-84C2-4D52-9EB5-355947483E08.jpeg Following advice from some friends (thanks HJ and everyone else) I picked up this bottle of Laphroaig a few months back. Hadn’t opened it until Friday night. Just had a wee bit that night, and had already drunk some other drinks. The woody taste/smell seemed too much for me. The smell reminded me of a strong Latakia pipe tobacco. Anyway, I had a few fingers last night, with an open mind and a cleaner palate. Glad I did. I really enjoyed it.

18. Thanks Alan! I'm glad you like it & didn't waste your money. In my experience Laphroaig is the most medicinal of the Islay Scotches. If you think you like Islay's you might look into the Lagavulin & Ardbegs. Several are at the same price point as the Laphroaig 10. Try a dram after a good charcoal grilled or flame grilled ribeye steak.

And you're correct in that I love a good Syrian Latakia in an English blend.

PS: meant to add you posted a great pic & a great hat!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  19. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

You're certainly right about the medicinal but I was picking up some other pretty good notes that were enjoyable. Salt. Caramel. And a very big licorice on the finish. Next time I'm in a liquor store I'll pick up one of the others, if they have any. Couldn't find a single tequila that you recommended. I appreciate the tips, always.

20. The Shoe

The Shoe Practically Family

Away early this morning. In these times, it’s not easy to find an establishment to enjoy a drink at, so we decided to fill the hip flask with Knob’s Creek. Etsuko got me the hip flask as a birthday or Christmas present, but I’ve only used it two or three times. I may have had a quick swig before jumping on the 9:15 am train! I don’t think I can claim to have ever had whiskey in the morning before! It went down nicely, but I doubt I’ll make a habit of it. The hat is an Akubra Range - Etsuko’s favourite of my summer hats. 858F3759-A194-4C4E-AE84-9DB5CF28B31E.jpeg

Snowman, BobHufford, Blare and 3 others like this.