Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats & boots

Michaelshane

One Too Many
These are the kind of hat shops in my neck of the woods.

4504410240_7457fefeb9_b.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
I have always loved western wear stores. Those look like fine ones to me. I've become enamored of fedoras, but I'd say cowboy hats were a first love. A good pair of boots will always put a smile on my face as well.

frussell

One Too Many
I miss wearing custom boots

The only bad thing about getting older and fatter is that sometimes your feet change a bit with you. I've got two pair of Paul Bond custom sharkskin lower boots that are now just for looking at. Thankfully for me, about ten years before he died, I introduced my grandpa to the joys of extra wide footwear, and after he passed away I inherited a few pairs of his nicely broken-in boots. I still remember a pair of customs he gave me in high school that he had had made as a twin to his friend Montie Montana's pair, with all sorts of colorful overlays and stitching, lots of bright red, etc... Not that they would fit now, but I sure wish I could put my hands on them again now they are both gone. I've traded in my custom boot money for hat money now. Frank.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
boots

4spurs said:
No point in having a custom hat unless you have custom boots on your feet too.

You know, I was just thinking in the last few months that hats go along well with boots. Out East here we're not wearing Western hats much, but Western boots are always cool with blue jeans. Wearing my vintage Open Road, it would go well with boots.

I bought a pair of Alden boots which are urban-type and good looking, and now I'm starting to get interested in having a range of boots the same as I like a range of hats. There's something about the hat-boot combination that is cool. I also wish there were good Western stores around here; probably are within 50 miles or so. I think those light brown tooled cowboy boots might be a first purchase, because they'd look good with all casual clothes.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
4spurs said:
No point in having a custom hat unless you have custom boots on your feet too.

We have some marvelous boot makers in my area. But top quality custom made boots are expensive. It's easy to drop 2K on something basic. Some makers are backed up close to a year (or more).

One of these days I'll try to get some colorful photographs. Meanwhile, here's a link boot aficionados in may want to look at. I have selected Texas, but you may run a search for custom makers in many other States as well.

http://www.dimlights.com/boots/custom/tx.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points