Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for Little Guys

Stormy

A-List Customer
Hello Everyone,

I have a grandson! He was born Wednesday, and I'm already planning his wardrobe and hat collection. The little newsboys are easy to find, but by the time he's 4 or 5 I hope to get him an authentic Panama, fedora, and high roller. Does anyone here know where I could get real hats for little guys?

Well, if you'd like to do some future planning, I have a 6 3/4 No.1 quality Stetson western from the 1930s that is going to look pretty swell when he starts school.

Stormy

A-List Customer
I finally started my grandson's hat collection. My guy found him a tiny high roller. It's looks just like a mini adult's hat. I'm amazed. Won't tell us where he got it, and it's not brand new.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Stormy,
I have 3 Grandsons & they all have great hats i have found on ebay i go for the very early vintage hats with the Higher crown & Smaller Brim works well
with the 10 & 5 year old boys & the Baby well he will get theres as they grow but the boys all look great in newsboys too..
What a Cool Grandma you are !

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Little Man's new to him hat

#1 Daughter #1 Grandson
48424410151150453350248.jpg

Size 6 1/2 Stetson in cadet gray
001ehe.jpg

002pxg.jpg

$15+$10 shipped in original box...a little bit of padding and Bob's your uncle

m0nk

One Too Many
I have an old Akubra bushman that I altered to a stingy and added a ribbon/bow that my 8 year old wears (his head is the same size as mine now!) and I just gave a small 6 7/8 Dobbs Golden Coach to my 2 year old who liked playing with my good hats... it's still big on him, but it's his now and he'll grow into it... of course, by the time he does it'll likely be all battered.

My hope is that by the time either is old enough to wear them daily, they'll want some wider brimmed, nicer fedoras... so if I need to thin my collection for any reason, they'll likely inherit a couple of mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot