Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for sale.

havershaw

Practically Family
Yeah, I know they're little (most of 'em). Ah, well, they've gott ago. I found a couple more which I forgot about that I'm putting on eBay, all size 7 1/8 or smaller. You can look 'em up if you like. I didn't really think many of these hats were of Lounge quality (or I'd be hanging onto 'em, with the exception of the Stetsons and the Churchill), but I went to put them on eBay and felt like a lousy traitor for not posting them here first. So, OK...I'll post auction numbers here when they're up, so if you're visiting this thread late in the game, you can still grab one if you like (PM me and I'll see if I can't end the auction early to get it to you, if you're a COW or Lounge member).

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
I'm interested in the Steston Whippet (the one Mattdeckard likes) and the Churchill. I sent a PM but it said your box was full. What are a few of the specs on these (like the crown height and brim width; ribbon width; etc).

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by havershaw
Royal Stetson Whippet
There's some hairproduct staining in the liner

Those are age spots and not related to hair tonic or grease...as Art has educated me on.

I have a few vintage with same, and it's not due to tonics.

havershaw

Practically Family
Good to know, AndyKev. I have several hats with these spots. What causes them?

specs on the Whippet:
brim: 2 5/8"
crown: just a little over 5" unbashed (if I'm measuring correctly)
ribbon: 1 3/8"

I got to admit...now that I'm selling it, it's sitting out on my counter...and I'm getting less excited about selling it.

There's an age spot on the front brim, which you can see in the first photo. Not much, and it's not enough to bug me...but I thought I'd point it out again. Also, there's the tiniest bit of olive in the color of that ribbon. I just noticed that it doesn't really show well in the photos. One of the coolest ribbons I've seen. There's also very very little taper in the crown. It looks like it has some in the photo, but it really doesn't.

man, this hat is getting harder to let go of. But...I need more 1940s suits...it's really a great hat. If I hadn't already posted it for sale, I would not bother selling it.

I'll wait another day or so before I put these on eBay (I don't really have time tonight, anyway).

My PM box is clean again. PM away.

Darek

New in Town
I am interested in the Knox Premiere. Any idea on the age? Any other comments about it? Specs?
Thanks
-Darek

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Missed the boat, but next time...

Probably missed the boat on this one. But now I know my hat size is the same as yours (US 7 1/8), I can keep an eye out for your spring cleaning!!

Think I lean towards darkish brown felts and no taping of the edges.

Anyway, thanks for all the help and advice so far guys!

I'm enjoying the whole education here!

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana