Hats With Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'Hats' started by splintercellsz, Sep 8, 2012.

1. splintercellsz

splintercellsz I'll Lock Up

Since we have the "Hats on a Stick ®" thread, I decided to come up with another wacky/fun thread. For this, take a photo of your hat sitting on a record (or anything music related, like jukeboxes, or instruments) and tell us what it is!

My Borsy with my 1949 Airline Radio, and a 1937 Bring Crosby Decca record. Side A: When you dream about Hawaii; Side B: Sail Along Silvery Moon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    hatsRme likes this.
  2. leo

leo One of the Regulars

What's handy at the moment...not all my hats...nor all my guitars, for that matter ;-)

None shown are especially rare. The second fedora from the left is my favorite dress hat, a Dobbs Temptation in graphite that I bought new at least twenty years ago. The tartan Grace Hats flat cap below it is my newest.

Guitar fans should recognize the Martin D-28 in the middle but probably not the classical on the right, a handmade Sanabria from Paraguay. The strange wooden thing on the floor is an mbira, or African thumb piano. And yes, the dignified guitars did force the raucous banjo to face the wall!
    [​IMG]

3. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

Here's my Whippet on top of my Crosley iJuke:
    [​IMG]

4. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

Borsalino, Stradette, Nick Lowe.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. Super shots, guys!

6. tealseal

tealseal A-List Customer

I like this idea! Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

My new Blue Smoke VS atop my Edwards. I'll put more pictures of the hat in the AFHoF thread as soon as I can take some good photos of it. It has a story too.

7. Alive'n'Amplified

Alive'n'Amplified Call Me a Cab

Great thread! I have a few "hats on..." pics.

This is a hat on a Bowers & Wilkins CDM-9NT speaker...

[​IMG]

Next, a hat on a Channel Master table radio (circa 70's?)...

[​IMG]

And finally, a hat on Grado headphones, in between a ROTEL RCD1072 CD player, a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amplifier, and a Denon DP60L turntable w/ a Sumiko Bluepoint Special EVO III moving coil cartridge. The LP cued up is Miles Davis: Kind of Blue, 180-gram pressing.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pics! Let's see more "hats on..." shots!

8. alanfgag

alanfgag

[​IMG]

Putting straws away, but leaving a couple out for the warmer days of Sept. Old record player that was bought used and an older record that was bought new. It's by the band that Paul McCartney played in before Wings.

rgpelletier and hatsRme like this.
  9. What was that band's name again? Some kind of insect I thought...

hatsRme likes this.
  10. [​IMG]
    Straw and derby on old turntable. Paul Whiteman's "Lady of the Night" ready to play.

hatsRme likes this.
  11. [​IMG]
    Anitiqued on photoshop.

12. alanfgag

alanfgag

Wonderful, Perry.

I bought an old wind up Victrola years ago, pretty much for the record that came with it... a great old recording of Ella Fitzgerald singing A Tisket, A Tasket with the Chick Webb Orchestra. Still have the record, but sold the player when the main spring broke. Thanks for the nice memory.

13. randooch

randooch I'll Lock Up

Stopped by the thrift looking for a Whippet to buy for Rabbit. No luck, but I did look through some LPs.

Royal Stetson
    [​IMG]

14. "Thanks for the memories"....

15. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

A Record on a Hat - Exile on Main Street on Mr. Main Street

[​IMG]

16. Very cool, Dave!

17. splintercellsz

My Borsalino on the DEAN VMNT1. The singnature & guitar are from Dave Mustaine (Megadeth). And yes, those are old coins in the background!

[​IMG]

18. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Very cool, Perry!

splintercellsz, Hello, me, it's me again! how did you ever come by Dave Mustaine's guitar? super neat.

19. BR Gordon

BR Gordon One Too Many

My Royal Stetson hanging around my, Strathmore, Great Highland Bagpipes. I don't get to put these two together very often, Stetson is not a hat typically worn while playing the pipes.
    [​IMG]

20. splintercellsz

I won this contest thingy a few years back (just one of those enter your name online) and was lucky. Pretty neat fella!

Love the combo, BR!