Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats

Imahomer

Practically Family
odouldickey.jpg

I thought I'd share this vintage photo.

Mike

Very interesting. Where did you find the photo? Is it a family photo?
It sort of gives us a glimpse into not only that hats but the suits, shirts, handkerchief and ties. Nice context. It could only be better if it was color. :) Then we could see the contrasts.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

J

Imahomer

Practically Family
Actually one of my hobbies is collecting vintage baseball items. This photo is of two baseball players. That is Hall of Famer Bill Dickey on the left and Lefty O'Doul on the right. These guys know how to dress!

Originally posted by Imahomer
Actually one of my hobbies is collecting vintage baseball items. This photo is of two baseball players. That is Hall of Famer Bill Dickey on the left and Lefty O'Doul on the right. These guys know how to dress!

I thought those two looked familiar! Geez, we have another hobby in common. I just did not recognize Lefty without his baseball hat and uniform. ;) His face is unmistakable though.
It is hard to imagine a time in which baseball players did not look sloppy and were not getting into all kinds of trouble.
The bound edge on Lefty's hat sure is a substantial binding width. It sort of looks like a McLaughlin. Dickey's hat looks like some sort of Stetson---maybe a Whippet. What do other more knowledgeable people think? Andy? Fedora? ;)

Regards to all,

J

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by jamespowers
I thought those two looked familiar! Geez, we have another hobby in common. I just did not recognize Lefty without his baseball hat and uniform. ;) His face is unmistakable though.
It is hard to imagine a time in which baseball players did not look sloppy and were not getting into all kinds of trouble.
The bound edge on Lefty's hat sure is a substantial binding width. It sort of looks like a McLaughlin. Dickey's hat looks like some sort of Stetson---maybe a Whippet. What do other more knowledgeable people think? Andy? Fedora? ;)

Regards to all,

J

I'm a long time baseball collector, but my main focus is on Lefty O'Doul. I've got a lot of stuff pertaining to him. I've got a few of these types of photos of him doing different things and he always looks "snappy". Yea, not too much like todays ball players who dress down.

As to the types of hats... You've got me! I'd like to hear from our experts out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points