Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have You Ever Met A Movie/TV Star or Celebrity?

Retired EE

New in Town
A buddy of mine was the son of a Master Sergeant; whom, when derosing stateside out of Saigon was preparing to board
his transport plane when informed that he would be one of only two passengers on the flight to California, the other
was an Air Force brigadier general, James Stewart.

My wife and her family are from Apollo, PA, which is the hometown of James Stewart's mother and her parents, whose last name is Jackson. My wife's mother worked in the Jackson home as their house cleaner. Her brother, my wife's uncle, was a childhood friend of Jimmy. My wife tells the story of when Jimmy first went to Hollywood, during the Depression era, he wanted my wife's uncle to accompany him to try to get into the film industry together. As my wife tells the story, her uncle said to Jimmy to go-out there on his own, since he'd probably starve. After his initial success, Jimmy sent his friend a film industry stock photo of himself, with the words "I'm not starving". My wife said that her uncle (who had movie star good looks) regretted his decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk