Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haverford Hats?

LarryF

New in Town
Anyone know about hats branded "Haverford?" I just picked up two, a black one (pictured) and a brown one. They seem nice hats, perhaps medium range quality? But, I've not been able to find anything about who made them.
Haverford1.jpeg
Haverford2.jpeg
Haverford3.jpeg

Anyone know about hats branded "Haverford?" I just picked up two, a black one (pictured) and a brown one. They seem nice hats, perhaps medium range quality? But, I've not been able to find anything about who made them. View attachment 130769 View attachment 130770 View attachment 130771

My best guess is that it’s a jobber hat. Haverford could have been a store or distributor who contracted with a hat company to have them built. These are fairly common and unless you can find a shared unique trait with the actual hat makers other hats you might never divine its provenance. This practice is still going on with ever fewer companies actually making things and just rebranding by them as requested.

Anyone know about hats branded "Haverford?" I just picked up two, a black one (pictured) and a brown one. They seem nice hats, perhaps medium range quality? But, I've not been able to find anything about who made them. View attachment 130769 View attachment 130770 View attachment 130771
The Haverford name goes back to Haverford, PA during the latter yrs of the Stetson factory in Philadelphia. The "Select Quality" nomenclature has always made me wonder if Haverford Hats wasn't owned by Stetson. If so, the Haverford name would be buried in the Hatco stable now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points