Headwind Mfg. and length of time to make a jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by rosscoinc1, May 2, 2019.

1. rosscoinc1

rosscoinc1 Familiar Face

So, can anyone tell me how long it took to get a custom jacket from Headwind? I ordered in August of 2018 and I am still waiting. Wouldn't be quite so bad but I was assured that I was looking at 8-12 weeks. Getting pissed.

2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Oh man, that's rough.. have you maintained a constant conversation during that time or have messages been ignored? If you've been in contact have they offered a "valid" reason for the delay?

3. seres

seres A-List Customer

I trust Jay completely, and my first response would be to email Jay and discuss the situation. I don’t think he manufacturers his jackets locally, so there would be delays in acquiring and shipping materials and the completed jackets back and forth.

But to answer your question, I placed 2 custom orders in 2017, and both took slightly more than 310 days from order payment to delivery. That’s a little over 10 months. Both jackets were well made of quality materials, and the fit was very good. Well worth the wait.

If you ordered in August 2018, it looks like you've been waiting about 270 days, so your wait should be about over. Good luck.

4. rosscoinc1

rosscoinc1 Familiar Face

Well, that's a little reassuring.
    If it is customary to wait that long, ok, I wait that long.
    The issue I have is that on the original order I was told 8-12 weeks as they were busy.
    Sent an e-mail on 1/29 inquiring as to progress and the reply came the next day that I was next in line.
    3 months later and nothing. I don't mind the wait if the product is worth it but I do not like not knowing that the wait will be that long. Know what I mean?
    I guess I will have to send another e-mail to Jay to counter-act the nasty gram I sent this morning...
    Keep me informed and we are all good but jeez...if I did business the way some of the manufacturers of leather jackets do I would be out of business and I am not just referring to Headwinds..
    I guess it's back to buying used...Boyo!?!? Your stuff fits me good...lol

5. rosscoinc1

rosscoinc1 Familiar Face

I received an e-mail from Jay pretty promptly with my concerns and he explained that there has been production delays and offered a refund if the jacket has not started.
    That was greatly appreciated and all I am really asking for. I asked him not to cancel as I REALLY want this jacket.

Boyo likes this.
  6. lucky23

lucky23 One of the Regulars

I got an A-1 Racer from him and its my favorite jacket hands down.

7. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

What do ya want.. I got plenty..

ton312 likes this.
  8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Have they communicated with you regularly?
    Were you ordering a one-off unusual jacket?

9. regius

regius One Too Many

What’s Jay’s email, I may entertain getting one. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk