Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heavy green wool belted- and pleated-back DB overcoat (40R/L)

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I'm getting rid a couple of things I no longer wear, and thought I'd offer this coat here before I put it up on Ebay.

It's a heavy wool overcoat in a dark olive green color. Double-breasted, 6x2 configuration, with notch lapels, welt chest pocket and two vertical welt handwarmer pockets. The back is pretty interesting--it has a half-belt and a long inverted box pleat that runs all the way from 6" below the collar to the bottom hem. Beside the pleat on either side is a sewn-in dart or closed pleat. It's in excellent condition; no moth holes or stains or anything like that.

I have no idea how old the coat is. There appears to have been a maker's label inside at one point, but it was removed before I acquired it. The only labels remaining are a fabric content label (100% wool) and a "Made in Yugoslavia/Dry Clean Only" label in the collar (pics of the labels available upon request).

Measurements--I normally wear a size 40 suit jacket and it fits me well:
Chest: 23" armpit to armpit
Waist: 22.5"
Shoulders across the back: 19.75"
Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff: 25.5"
Length from bottom of collar to hem: 47" (I'm 6'0" tall, and it hits me at mid-calf or 4-5" below the knee)

The coat is very comfortable and very warm. Between the heaviness of the wool and the rear box pleat (no vents to gap open) it may be the warmest coat I've ever worn. It has served me well; I've just grown to dislike the color and the style and have acquired other coats I wear more often. I'm asking $50 plus shipping (exact) for it. PM me if interested; I have larger versions of the pictures I can email to you if you need them.

dsc00093gz9.jpg

dsc00094pe0.jpg

dsc00097hb2.jpg

dsc00107gc9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko