Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Height of laziness (and downright disgusting)

matei

One Too Many
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18102005/140/stink-smelly-pants.html

Come on - how hard is it to wash yer pants?

Okay - I can understand if you are up on Everest, stuck in a snowstorm and can't change yer skivvies, but jeez... People are becoming lazier and lazier.

A few years back I saw a similar product in the US aimed at tourists that were too "grossed out" and microbe-phobic to use those icky foreign lavatories. It amounted to a pair of baggy trousers with some kind of "adult diaper" built in.

So, instead of exposing their precious bums to the perils of unhygienic foreign loos, they simply crap in their pants and walk around all day like that.

Yuck...

Uberneot

New in Town
Terrible! I'm all for progress, but not when it enables people to become more lazy and unhygenic. Save that silver for jewelry and high-quality electronics. Wash those pants!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
That is disgusting. You know, if you boil water it kills most bacteria. How hard is it to bring two pairs of underwear?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The really sad thing is that they will likely be very popular...

The tourist diaper pants? Now that is even more disgusting! I don't want to become germ phobic like Howard Hughes was, but when I read stories like that one I can understand how one could get that way. If you'll excuse me right now I have to wash my hands.... :rolleyes:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Some peoples kids... I swear.

Next thing you know they'll create pre-mashed meals so people won't have to take the time to chew. Steak Frappe! Pop open the tube and drink it down like an astronaut. Adult baby food. Well, I better get off my soap box so I can do a load of laundry.

Cheers!

Dan

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
In defense of the article/product I think what they are referring to is the long insulated type of underwear?¢‚Ǩ¬¶especially considering this is a North Face product. Most of the better insulated underwear is made out of a poly pro type of material and it has always seemed to hold onto smells regardless of how or how many times you wash the underwear. At least this was the case back when I was selling the stuff at a sporting goods store a few years ago.
Hopefully they are not referring to your everyday undergarments!

EstherGinger

New in Town
matei said:
So, instead of exposing their precious bums to the perils of unhygienic foreign loos, they simply crap in their pants and walk around all day like that.

Ew....that's the truth. I agree with Sefton -- it will most likely become popular, especially among the lazy ones who don't wash their underwear now. Ew. How can you seriously wear your underwear two days in a row?! That's disgusting. People ARE becoming more lazier as technology progresses... They should use their knowledge and products wiser, for something that's actually useful.

Uberneot

New in Town
Did anyone else read the "your views" section from the link at the bottom? Some of them are hilarious and I hope they're jokes!

D

Deleted member 259

Change Your Underwear at Least Twice a Week : Lessons from the Golden Age of Classroom Filmstrips

This is the first book to collect film strips, once widely shown to U.S. school children in the decades following World War II. Designed to make us feel safe, tow the line with authorities, or get excited about the moon and outer space, the lessons are brought back here in vintage Technicolor or black and white.

While the book is actually really cute & classic - I personally have a everyday routine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo