Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hello all ~about eastman A2 i real need your help

elevensun

New in Town
i have send EMAIL to eastman A2 about my A2 but they not replay me yet..so i hope you guys can help me out...

AIbEiAIAAABDCIGcibnU_67oWyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDZhNmZmZDNjYjRmZDVjMTMwNTZlMWI5ZTE2ZTNkOGVhMzk0ZTY0NjUwAXjm54AHom28srAcfg8fsg-pcR1F

eleven sun <elev*******@gmail.com>
i have this jacket like 1year aready~

but i just feel so weird about my A2, i dont know if this jacket is not fit?or i buyed wrong size.

the jacket make me feel real fat .i am 184cm 82KG i buy a SIZE 42 (on the web RECOMMENDED SIZE 44" REGULAR i want jacket real fit so i buyed size 42 ) The result is feeling very tight shoulders

plz look photo help me out ~Because I want to buy a new A2 real fit me,

sould i go for Eastman 'Slender' model or 44 REGULAR? OR i just paranoid??the A2 jacket just It should look like what i have right now

the frist pic from online~is not me. why this jacket look;s real fit ?

now is my jacket

Especially armpit and Chest look's real fat can you help me out?
I swear I'm not really a big size ..so sould i buy Eastman 'Slender' model?OR Maybe EASTMAN made the wrong size CUT on my A2?

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi. I cannot see the pictures, please try to upload them again or give us a link to them. Then we can talk about fit and how to improve it.

elevensun

New in Town
Hi. I cannot see the pictures, please try to upload them again or give us a link to them. Then we can talk about fit and how to improve it.
ok!sorry !doing right now
this is the online PIC !not me!not me!
92788-70655728e01bc7731d01166d5fa04169.jpg

my jacket blow
92786-f0f435f49c0327d26c84762a3c894338.jpg
92787-7026f7ad1547ad3c3904d9eabdf989fb.jpg
92789-e1dd6166732d20f924a9a5eefac74948.jpg
OR my body type will not fit A2??
i real looking for you guys help~ and sorry my english thx you patience!

Attachments

• 333333.jpg
    333333.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 894
  • 2232323.jpg
    2232323.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 863
  • thePICfrom online.jpg
    thePICfrom online.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 5,146
  • 1558037725.jpg
    1558037725.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:

Cocker

Practically Family
The A-2 jacket is not really designed for an athletic fit, so I think it's totally normal that the jacket is feeling tight in the chest and shoulders. You should have followed Eastman's guide and gone for a 44. Now, seen your build, if you want a slender jacket, maybe you should look for another type, preferably a custom build.

elevensun

New in Town
cocker thx you help ~and did they have custom build on eastman?
92791-7220046b6c8b13d560dee0749d16e3cf.jpg

Attachments

• 4444.jpg
    4444.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:

Gromulus

Practically Family
It would be nice to see photos at different angles (side, back, etc) but based on your posted photos you posted I would say the jacket fits you very well.

As the previous poster indicated, the A-2 is not the ideal jacket for an athletic physique. Being a former competitive bodybuilder, I somewhat share your dilemma. The A-2 (even a "slim fit") does not have any taper from top to bottom and even though there is some variation between manufacturers and contracts, it will always have somewhat of a "boxy" fit.

Unless the jacket is prohibitively tight around your upper body, I would suggest wearing it and letting it break in to better adapt to your physique. It may not seem it but you probably have a better fit than most of the members on this forum.

Welcome to the forum!

elevensun

New in Town
Thanks for your encourage gromulus ,I think you’re right,Because my jacket shoulder part is Tiny,Basically stressful whole jacket looks Weird. I often flying from one Location is 20Celsius to some area -20Celsius, Bring a jacket is necessary for flight, with my uniform I was Think eastman A2 will looks great. But looks like I am wrong I need find a new jacket 7A81A29B-CEEC-4C7B-A23B-32FB63995E81.png

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I agree, you need to find a new jacket.

This A-2 looks like a good fit and the right size on the pictures, if it's too restrictive in shoulders, maybe the style isn't for your physique.
Do you want a flight jacket or are there other styles you consider? The Aero Cafe Racer and Sheene are very broad in the shoulders but is very tapered in the body, I think it would fit your physique better if you want a slim appearance but wide shoulders..

edit: look here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-aero-sheene.77235/

elevensun

New in Town
I agree, you need to find a new jacket.

This A-2 looks like a good fit and the right size on the pictures, if it's too restrictive in shoulders, maybe the style isn't for your physique.
Do you want a flight jacket or are there other styles you consider? The Aero Cafe Racer and Sheene are very broad in the shoulders but is very tapered in the body, I think it would fit your physique better if you want a slim appearance but wide shoulders..

edit: look here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-aero-sheene.77235/
But I dont understand why this A2look so great but my is so Different
thepicfrom-online-jpg.100020

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Is this the same model?

For one, yours doesn't look bad, I think it looks quite good in fact. The differences have different reasons: Your jacket is russet leather and no patina, the jacket on the picture is seal brown with lots of wear and patina, yours isnt broken in and stiffer, teh one on the picture broken in and much more formed to the wearers body. And last: he wears it open; open looks always better than zipped up.

Also, Maybe his is the slender model because it seems tighter around the body than yours.. but maybe he just isnt as slim as you are...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The above model is the pre-aged Great Escape Roughwear model. Doubt that guy wore it a lot. I've learned my lesson through trial and much error. I will always go one size up for every high end A-2 repro. Only a few people seem to get a trim jacket they're happy with. It's a very thin margin of success trying to get a slim fitting A-2 that is comfortable.

How do the armholes feel? If there is any significant tightness or actual discomfort you should size up. Also, your body is very V-shaped, so perhaps a look at the different fits of each A-2 contract would help. I think the 50s G-1s (possibly the Eastman 55J14) are more V-shaped, but could be wrong.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
I can’t see the pictures but you will not get a reply from Eastman at the moment. They are closed for the holidays -

We are closed over the Xmas and New Year period. The sales office reopens on Monday 8th January.

Hopefully you will receive a reply after that date
Alan

i have send EMAIL to eastman A2 about my A2 but they not replay me yet..so i hope you guys can help me out...

AIbEiAIAAABDCIGcibnU_67oWyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDZhNmZmZDNjYjRmZDVjMTMwNTZlMWI5ZTE2ZTNkOGVhMzk0ZTY0NjUwAXjm54AHom28srAcfg8fsg-pcR1F

eleven sun <elev*******@gmail.com>
i have this jacket like 1year aready~

but i just feel so weird about my A2, i dont know if this jacket is not fit?or i buyed wrong size.

the jacket make me feel real fat .i am 184cm 82KG i buy a SIZE 42 (on the web RECOMMENDED SIZE 44" REGULAR i want jacket real fit so i buyed size 42 ) The result is feeling very tight shoulders

plz look photo help me out ~Because I want to buy a new A2 real fit me,

sould i go for Eastman 'Slender' model or 44 REGULAR? OR i just paranoid??the A2 jacket just It should look like what i have right now

the frist pic from online~is not me. why this jacket look;s real fit ?

now is my jacket

Especially armpit and Chest look's real fat can you help me out?
I swear I'm not really a big size ..so sould i buy Eastman 'Slender' model?OR Maybe EASTMAN made the wrong size CUT on my A2?
I

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just sold my A-2 ELC RW on :-(

Jacket was a size 46 & fitted like the proverbial glove. The 'breaking in' period was extensive & I ended up wearing that jacket to death (well at least to the point of needing a new lining & knits).

I'm a keen swimmer which is reflected in my shoulder size & that 46 was always a battle and on the snug side. Going RW ELC again (bigger numbers over other contracts) but in a 48 this time.

kowalski

Practically Family
But I dont understand why this A2look so great but my is so Different
thepicfrom-online-jpg.100020
because he has a pendant around his neck Steel Flame Derrick Obatake:D;)
and seriously, it may be a different body shape and have a different size jacket
Ps
Your jacket is very ok in fit , but it problem that has been touched here more than once about matching
Now jackets repro hold the sizes of the originals jacket A2 ww2 time . People were different, other in construction than now
Happy is now who will find the matching A2 ;)
Jacket repro look like the original when is too tight, too big , too small or too long , never perfect :cool:;)

Last edited:

El Marro

From the photos you posted I think the jacket fit looks pretty good to me. I agree with what some other members have said that if the shoulders feel too tight or restrictive then it is not a good fit no matter how the pictures look.
Nick123 made an interesting suggestion that you might want to try a G-1 jacket instead of the A-2. The action back design and the natural flex of goatskin make the G-1 a much more comfortable jacket in my experience.

bn1966

Just recently purchased a Hartmann, great jacket & for me plenty of shoulder room :)
As points made earlier, the G-1 can be potentially more comfortable than an A-2...its on my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana