Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello, just introducing myself....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hi Folks::
Just taking the time to introduce myself. I'm Dave, I live and work in upstate New York. I fell into the Lounge while doing research on vintage and repro A2's. I'm a VietNam era Vet and a military historian. I also fly "online" (though not as regularly as I used to) with the 99th Pursuit Squadron 332nd V.F.G. (Virtual Fighter Group). As a "gift" my ole lady bought me one of those "tribute" A2's, you know, those ersatz A2's with so many patches on it I felt like a float at Mardi Gras. The "leather" on the jacket was/is unknowable, the zipper was cheap and ON THE WRONG SIDE the whole thing was a mess. Still I couldn't hurt her by not wearing it so I did some research, had all the fake 3 inch patches removed and at least got the thing looking "respectable".

But, like many an "innocent" start I've now developed an unhealthy interest in "REAL" or at least correct reproduction A2's. Not counting Mardi Gras my collection is up to 3 now. I've a U.S. Wings coat that I'm "patched up" to spec. A Schott A2/G1 hybrid I got off the Bay (wore that today by the by) and I've a vintage Avierx Horsehide A2 coming in the mail today. When I get em all I'll update this post with glorious pics. But for now I just couldn't wait to say "hello".

Worf

ShrunkinCowboy

New in Town
Welcome to the forum Worf!

My family is from that area.
My Mother, Sister, and I were born in Albany.
While my Father graduated RPI in 1949, after leaving the US Army in 1946.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy