Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Finding This Jazz /Swing / Big Band Song Title

atkins

Familiar Face
Ladies and Gents,

Need your help finding this song's title or performer:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/Barones

I'm a big fan of the sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, above file is an Mp3 recording of the scene which the song played.I don't know how much time i have before they banned my fake band.

You'll need to click the play button on lower middle right.

Thank you in advance, sorry no video and poor quality.

atkins

Familiar Face
I think it's still work Conrad, would you give another try?:) . I think it's very popular song somehow. Thanks for your help ..

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Well I have to admit I'm stumped. At first I thought it sounded a little like One O'clock Jump. I'm sure someone here will know.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It's not One O'clock Jump, I have a recording of that. Doesn't sound anything like it.

I admit...I'm stumped, too. It's not anything that I recognise, and I've got a pretty extensive collection of several big-band bandleaders from the 30s and 40s.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Lizzie. 30s and 40s music was more mellow, in my opinion. This has a brighter, bouncier feel to it. To me, it speaks of more modern nightclubs, rather than dimly-lit ballrooms, hotels and grand dance-halls, as music from the 30s and 40s does.

atkins

Familiar Face
Thank you Swinggal,conrad5157, Shangas, LizzieMaine, Chas and Fletch, for helping me . I've given up searching for the title after i stuck on finding rick marotta and terry trotter ( the music men of ELR) trace on the net. I accept the fact it is actually written for the show.

Next questions is whose swing music that have the same 'bright colored happiness' mood you guys and gals recommend for me to listen to?

I'm only familiar with works of Louis Armstrong/Harry Connick and Michael Bubble/Buble:eusa_doh:

Thanks in advance...

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Actually, it just sounds like a modern west coast big band. There's loads of them in LA. It really doesn't sound like it was written for the show. Why don't you find somebody with an iphone with a music id program (though it might still be too obscure to be on there).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot