Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help for a newbie

GCHat

New in Town
Hi everyone. I'm new here and joined because I am trying to find a Panama hat for travel. In this case, Panama.

While searching online, I found Panama Hats Direct which says all their Montechristi hats are rollable - Starting at $112.00.

On the other hand, another site has a crushable Traveler hat with a reinforced brim. I think it is a plastic band at about $157.00, and the site says that any hat not specifically designed for crushing/rolling is likely to eventually fray. (Now, I don't know what I don't know, so I hope I'm correctly paraphrasing this.)

Most importantly, I just need something I don't have to worry about and it will bounce back (mostly) in shape.

I don't normally wear hats - but I do when I'm traveling in harsh sun to protect my slightly balding head. It will not be worn to dinner, it's just utilitarian.

Would someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and joined because I am trying to find a Panama hat for travel. In this case, Panama.

While searching online, I found Panama Hats Direct which says all their Montechristi hats are rollable - Starting at $112.00.

On the other hand, another site has a crushable Traveler hat with a reinforced brim. I think it is a plastic band at about $157.00, and the site says that any hat not specifically designed for crushing/rolling is likely to eventually fray. (Now, I don't know what I don't know, so I hope I'm correctly paraphrasing this.)

Most importantly, I just need something I don't have to worry about and it will bounce back (mostly) in shape.

I don't normally wear hats - but I do when I'm traveling in harsh sun to protect my slightly balding head. It will not be worn to dinner, it's just utilitarian.

Would someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thank you all in advance for any help.
Wear the hat onto the airplane. Take a small satin sack to put the hat in and place under your seat. Buy a low end PHD hat, wear the hell out of it and toss it when/if it frays. Never met a packable/rollable hat that really work out well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner