Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help for a pal - first Aero jacket

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks much. Would any of you gentlemen be so kind as to post a picture of yourselves wearing your 2'' plus chest size /4'' plus chest size jackets, or point me to such a picture already posted on TFL?

I have a 40-41" chest you can find a bunch of pictures with a bunch of measurements there:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-leather-jacket-database.93804/

IMO measurements alone don't tell everything, specific patterns will influence fit a lot too. Don't worry too much about 1" it doesn't make that much difference.
Like @Harris HTM said, a jacket with an action back, or underarms gussets can usually get away with being tighter fitting without impeding movement.
My chevalier for example is more comfortable to reach forward in than my Aeros, even though it has 2" less in the chest, but the underarm gussets and rotated sleeves make it easier to move in.
The tighter fit means i can't wear as much underneath though, there are always concessions to make.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would also be careful of Alpaca lining with Vicenza hide.

I have a Vicenza Long Hercules with Alpaca lining and there is absolute no issue at all. Ordered though Carrie at Thurston and she never mentioned there maybe an issue as well.....honestly the Vicenza is still a damn sturdy leather.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I have a Vicenza Long Hercules with Alpaca lining and there is absolute no issue at all. Ordered though Carrie at Thurston and she never mentioned there maybe an issue as well.....honestly the Vicenza is still a damn sturdy leather.

No issue at all! Many folks prefer to pair the Vicenza with a heavy lining for their winter jacket...you get the warmth of the thick lining and more ease of movement with the Vicenza.

Lukasz69

New in Town
So this is me in a Schott, which measures: shoulder 18.5, sleeve width at elbow 8.0, P2P 21.25, hem 20. The jacket I am looking to buy measures: shoulder 17.5, sleeve width at elbow 7.25, P2P 22.0 (actually 21.9), hem 19.5. I want trim fit. My measurements: my torso is 93 cm (36.6 in) wide practically everywhere, because I am measuring over a leather belt (I always wear one) and I have hollow back, which compensates for the slight belly in terms of measurement. It is only as high as at armpit level that my torso expands to approx. 98 cm (38.5 in).
Now the big question: would you or would you not buy that jacket?
3B924C40-D5E5-4547-8186-AA242A637CA3.thumb.jpeg.f673c1be298f432ab63ea5f6541954b2.jpg
67764B0D-51F7-435B-AC50-53E31BEABAEC.thumb.jpeg.55faf29a402fe54bfffc89b55e3d5d5a.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
So this is me in a Schott, which measures: shoulder 18.5, sleeve width at elbow 8.0, P2P 21.25, hem 20. The jacket I am looking to buy measures: shoulder 17.5, sleeve width at elbow 7.25, P2P 22.0 (actually 21.9), hem 19.5. I want trim fit. My measurements: my torso is 93 cm (36.6 in) wide practically everywhere, because I am measuring over a leather belt (I always wear one) and I have hollow back, which compensates for the slight belly in terms of measurement. It is only as high as at armpit level that my torso expands to approx. 98 cm (38.5 in).
Now the big question: would you or would you not buy that jacket?
View attachment 134479 View attachment 134480

IMO the shoulders of the Schott are on the wide side, so i think 17.5 should work. 0.7" extra in the chest won't really make that much of a difference, neither will 0.5" in the waist. I think the measurements you mentioned should work on you.
I would watch the length though, because IMO your Schott is a good 2 or 3" too long in the body.
To me it should finish at the top of the rear pockets.

Lukasz69

New in Town
Thank you, fair point. The back length of the jacket I am looking to buy is 24.5, while for the Schott it is 25.75. I don't look good in jackets with very short back, due to very long legs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner