Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Identifying a Long-Hair

Mulceber

Practically Family
This is something of an unusual request: a while back, I remember seeing a collection of three absolutely gorgeous vintage long-hairs that some lucky member of the lounge had acquired. I saved the pictures, thinking one day I might have a custom hatter like Art or Optimo replicate one of those hats. I was just perusing my hard drive a little while ago, however, and somehow all but one of those pictures was deleted (I've attached it below). I've searched all the likely threads on the lounge that I can think of, but can't find where these pictures were posted. Does anyone recognize these hats, know who owns them or where on the lounge they're posted? -M

furries0.jpg

Mulceber

Practically Family
Hah! Thanks Joao! Very good eye/searching skills! Alan, you have some positively gorgeous hats! These are definitely on my to-do list with Optimo. Do you happen to have any head-on pictures of any of them?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
This looks like one, but I may be mistaken.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=1744637

Long-hair/velour finished hats are my absolute favorite. I'm happy to have aquired the ones I have. You really can't go wrong with them, and just like any other hat they look good dressed up or down.

On another note, Alan, I love that photo. So much so that it is the lock-screen photo on my phone. (Yes, I know it needs a charging).

yguzu2am.jpg

Mulceber

Practically Family
I know, aren't they great? It's not just the finish I like though, but the shape of those hats. Very classy and something you don't see every day.

It's hard to say, but I think you're right, that is one of those hats. Care to comment, Alan?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hats themselves are stunning but Alan has a unique eye and his "bashing" talent is unmatched (save maybe JTL's teardrop). Would be fun to be a fly on the wall as he decides to bash which hat in what manner and the factors guiding that decision.

Mulceber

Practically Family
I agree with everything that's been said above. Wonderful bashing on wonderful hats. BTW, out of curiosity, do you have any information on the maker and age of those beauties? I doubt I'll be able to find anything comparable with my larger head, but it'd be cool to know more about them. Thanks,

-M

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speculating 20's or earlier for the Stetson and C&K. 30's on the Frenchie

Garrett, thank you for the kind words. Being mentioned in the same sentence as JTL is a true honor indeed.

Jan, if you follow the link to the comparison posted above, you will see close-ups of the hat interiors. The Flechet, Stetson Clear Nutria and Crofut & Knapp longhairs are all 1920s-1930s hats. Additional pictures of each are posted in the Pre-1940s dress hats threads (Stetson and non-Stetson), along with many additional and wonderful examples owned by other lounge members.

cheers!
Alan

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'd know that backyard anywhere... good find, Joao.
Don't you know your own hats? :)

Hah! Thanks Joao! Very good eye/searching skills! Alan, you have some positively gorgeous hats! These are definitely on my to-do list with Optimo. Do you happen to have any head-on pictures of any of them?
;) I knew I had seen that picture in a thread comparing similar hats.

I wish I had a long hair like Allan's 5" brim western.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points