Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Make up that doesn't get into wrinkles??

Naama

Practically Family
So, no, I'm not old and I don't really have that much wrinkles but when I smile or so my make up looks horrible! It makes lines around my mouth and my eyes and this just looks horrible! Like I'm really old or someone said like my skin is breaking in these areas :eek: (yes, really charming...) At the moment I use MAC Studio Fix what I liked so far but these days I have problems with it don't know how that happened..... Does anyone know what kind of powder would be better? A friend of mine said that I should look for a powder with a finer texture, would that really help? Or is it more a problem with my skin? These days it's like super dry! :(

Naama

kerry

One of the Regulars
Naama said:
So, no, I'm not old and I don't really have that much wrinkles but when I smile or so my make up looks horrible! It makes lines around my mouth and my eyes and this just looks horrible! Like I'm really old or someone said like my skin is breaking in these areas :eek: (yes, really charming...) At the moment I use MAC Studio Fix what I liked so far but these days I have problems with it don't know how that happened..... Does anyone know what kind of powder would be better? A friend of mine said that I should look for a powder with a finer texture, would that really help? Or is it more a problem with my skin? These days it's like super dry! :(

Naama

You may have just outgrown the Studio Fix. I dont know how old you are but Im 40 and cant use anything powdery on my face, it just ages me.
The upside is red lipstick now looks great!:D
Sorry, I haven't been much help have I.

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Along with what KittyT had to say you must make sure that you use a toner then apply your moisturizer. The toner helps the moisturizer sink into your skin therefore helping fill in those smile wrinkles. Make sure your moisturizer has of course an SPF and contains both collagen and keratin which temporarily stretch the skin providing a smoother surface. Hopefully that helps I have those lines to, I chalk it up to a life full of laughs!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I have the same problem. I just read in a mag that you should apply makeup "primer" to fill in everything before applying foundation and such. I've never seen it tho, anyone know of a good brand?
Nikki

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ohairas said:
I have the same problem. I just read in a mag that you should apply makeup "primer" to fill in everything before applying foundation and such. I've never seen it tho, anyone know of a good brand?

Sephora brand makeup primer is good. Benefit's Dr Feelgood is good and so is DHC's Velvet Skin Coat.

nyx

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Nikki

I have larger pores, so I use Joey Pure Pores primer. It does a very good job of keeping my makeup looking flawless. Joey also has a nice collegen boosting moisturizer with SPF that's great for dry skin. I use it periodically in winter when my face gets wind chapped (although I don't use it every day because of my very oily skin).

texasgirl

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Nikki

I use Smashbox Photo Finish. I am hooked on it! I have tried both the clear, and the more tan colored- but it goes on clear too. They're wonderful, and you can get it on ebay cheaper than the stores. It lasts a long time too, you only need a little.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I picked up Bare Essentials at Ulta last month and have been please with its performance. Very easy to use and feels fantastic on! Here in AZ, I couldn't stand the oily feeling that I would get as soon as I would step outside. It never looks caked on. PLUS there is a very sexy eye and cheek set that I picked up. It has a perfect vintage glow. The cheek color is called Gala.... who wouldn't want to rock that color at work on a Monday?? The eye color is a lovely shimmering lilac and a darker gray.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I picked up Bare Essentials at Ulta last month and have been please with its performance. Very easy to use and feels fantastic on! Here in AZ, I couldn't stand the oily feeling that I would get as soon as I would step outside. It never looks caked on. PLUS there is a very sexy eye and cheek set that I picked up. It has a perfect vintage glow. The cheek color is called Gala.... who wouldn't want to rock that color at work on a Monday?? The eye color is a lovely shimmering lilac and a darker gray.

I love Bare Minerals too, but a lot of people I know say that it has a tendency to settle into wrinkles.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I use a toner, exfoliant, a shine booster and moisturizer then wait to apply the powder. I tend to have problems with frown lines right at my brow line and at the corners of my lips. I think the key is to really go light on the power and work back into it with more if you need it.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I've got the same problem. I'm 25 an I've got these lines under my eyes that drive me crazy, of course I've also got deep, hereditary, dark circles too. Now, I've found the Mary Kay full coverage concealer is very thick and goes on smoothly. Now take note that if you put too much of any product under your eyes, it will settle and be noticible, or at least this is true for me. I do use the mmu, everyday minerals brand, and if I'm really stingy, it makes my skin look great, smooth and stuff. It settles into lines on especially humid days, but not every day for me. Eye products, the Olay regenerist eye pods worked great the first week i used them, but seemed to have no effect after that. The Avon Anew eye cream that comes with the 2 products in one jar also works wonders, but is expensive for me.

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I was looking at this topic and saw it mentioned to use primer and concealer. I just now tried it, It really works. I'm 58 yrs. old and lines and wrinkles and very diminished. Thanks bunches......it makes me feel pretty good.

SaraBell

Familiar Face
You could try applying your makeup with a brush if you haven't already. Whenever I do (I use liquid foundation) it seems to turn out more even and you can't see any lines or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112