Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me sizing the Aero 1950's long Halfbelt please

born113

One of the Regulars
I thought for a long time whether it is worth asking such a question here. And how to formulate the question accurately enough...
I've researched tons of information about Aero here. And I got information from Aero.
Comparing all the data I am completely confused.
I am now interested in comfort except the length of the jacket and the length of the sleeve.

1950's long Halfbelt, steerhide 4 oz, quilted lining

My vitals (measured in clothes)

Neck - 17.3’ - is minimum
Neck - 18.5’ - preferred size
Chest - 40.5’ - (a state of rest and little clothing)
Chest - 42’ - (while inhaling and with maximum clothing)
Stomach - 39.3’
Belt waist - 39.3’
I have broad shoulders but I don’t know how to measure them correctly on the body.

=====
Aero info

Long Half Belt Size 38"
Pit to Pit 22.25"
Shoulder 18.25"
Sleeve 25.5"
Back 27.75"

Long Half Belt Size 40"
Pit to Pit 23.5"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 25.5"
Back 28.75"
=====

I dress quite compactly. I have a slim, athletic figure.
And I want the jacket to have the same shape, that is, athletic, soldierlike/masculine, a little fitted, definitely not baggy, not very spacious, if possible.

Based on Aero measurements, I maybe prefer size 40.
This is strange as it corresponds to the measurements of all my usual mass market European jackets in size 38 (48). Including all my comfy jackets have 19" shoulders. And it is slim fit.

Experienced people, what size should I prefer?
I would be very grateful for any thoughts.

592513dee9ce12ec_LHB-front-500-2.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
The most correct answer will be given to you by Aero. They know their stuff.

+1 to this. :)

These Half-belts are not Cafe Racers. You sound like you want a cafe racer-type fit.

This 1950's Long (and standard) pattern are not slim-fit. Trying to make it such may lead to - undesirable results.

The 1930's Half-belt is a somewhat more slim-fit design. but not to what you are reffering to.
Also the "4 - oz steerhide" may be pretty hard to make as well as wear in a "slim-fit" design.

I have owned all three of these models and no matter what the dimensions may suggest, wearing it is where it "clicks" or does not.

If you are in Europe, you should arrange to travel to Aero and get correctly sized up in person. You will save yourself a lot of headache doing that.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
In my experience, size 40 Aero's come with 16" to 17" ish neck circumference. Better to check with Aero on that detail before placing order.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'm 5'9, 170 lbs. 40-inch chest, 33 waist. I have size 38 LHB. Fits me very well, maybe a little tight through the torso. I could wear a sweater underneath.I think the issue for you is going to be that your waist isn't much smaller than your chest. You wouldn't come close to zipping up a size 38 and I can't imagine the size 40 has a significantly larger waist.

The Aero LHB is an excellent design, but as mentioned above, it isn't designed to be a slim-fit.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
There are three long half belts on the sale page now, two 38 and one 40. It might be worth while to ask Aero to measure the actual jackets for neck circumference.
Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

born113

One of the Regulars
It might be worth while to ask Aero to measure the actual jackets for neck circumference.
Thank you. I will ask of course again. After communicating with many British sellers, I got the impression that they are not at all interested in the size of the neck of the clothes. If I am responsible for such a question, it is definitely not the first time. Therefore, I decided to get as much information as possible here. Actually I already found out almost everything that is possible.

I am grateful to everyone for the reaction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy