Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help narrowing leather jacket search?

CopperNY

A-List Customer
so, my default leather right now is my buffalo car coat from when i weighed #60 more than i do now. nice, but not flattering in the least.

3267706378_1245e97e98_m.jpg

looking for something a bit shorter/trimmer, in brown with no ribbing at cuffs/waist.

i really like the looks of the Filson 'Halsey' jacket:

397_s_Filson-Halsey-Jacket.jpg

anything else i should be looking at in a similar style?

an older coworker told me i was looking for a "trucker jacket", but a search has turned up nothing using that term....

Edward

Bartender
There are quite a few Aero models in that general stylistic ballpark:

Fifties Halfbelt:

Half%20Belt(b).JPG

Highwayman:

HIghwayman(b).JPG

Halfbelt Deluxe:

HBDeluxecord(b).JPG

HG-5:

hg5%20(b).JPG

Trailrider:

TrailRider(c).JPG

Or, for a slimmer fit, the 30s halfbelt:

1930sHalfBelt.jpg

Other options might include something aong the ines of an Indy jacket. Then, of course, there is the whole world of A2s and G1s etc, if you like the idea of a jacket with wool knit cuffs and waistband.

Edward

Bartender
With the strong dollar, now is definitely the time for Statesiders to go Aero.... though as just a thought: might be worth checking that they will let you pay up front at today's rates, as opposed to when it is ready, just in case the dollar sinks again against the pound over the three months or however long it takes for the jacket to be made.... I say this as despite having owned a couple of Aero jackets, I've never bought directly from them (in the process of sorting out an A2, though), and so I don't know exactly how they operate on that score.

I love the look of the Trailrider, myself... my long term aim had been to have two 30s halfbelts, one each in black and brown FQHH, but having seen the Trailrider, I'm thinking of opting for one of those as the black jacket, with the addition of two zipped chest pockets. I'd love to see photos of a Trailrider in use, as I've only to date seen what Aero have on their website.

Looking at that HG-5, from the pictures they have, it wouldn't take much to customise that into an Indy jacket, surely? I'd love to see a Raiders-spec jacket produced by Aero.... yum.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Just for info, I ordered a jacket from Aero a couple of days ago. It'll be with me in around 8 weeks. They'll take payment when the jacket's ready, which is just fine by me.

miles_archer

Familiar Face
Aero Woes

I ordered an Aero B-3 December 2 of last year and as far as I know it hasn't been made yet. Fearing the dollar would lose ground I asked them to charge my card back in December they said they would, they did not (just as well as it turns out). Customer service said the jacket should have shipped out sometime this past week but they've said that four times now and I didn't get an email so it didn't. At this rate by the time it gets here it will probably be Spring and in the 70's-80's in the rocket city. THIS HAD BETTER BE THE GREATEST JACKET IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANS TRYING TO STAY WARM!

buler

I'll Lock Up
CopperNY, search this forum for Johnson Leather in San Fran. They also make a jacket (M-200) thats along those lines.

I'm anxiously awaiting my custom made jacket from them. Should be here in 1-2 more weeks.

FATDUTCHMAN has a thread on the custom jacket he got from them.

Alan at Johnson was great to deal with and the "test" jacket I got from them for fitting was gorgeous.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112