Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help please! Want to go to Los Angeles this weekend

HepKitty

One Too Many
bartenders sorry if this is in the wrong place, please move if need be...

and sorry for the short notice but I was wondering if anyone would kindly help me with a trip to LA this weekend. I will fly to LA and have one extra ticket to TopGear's studio audience in Irvine Saturday a m at 10. I'm still unemployed and short on funds but I can feed you and provide gas money to haul me around. please help, I'm stuck in Ida-hell and bored out of my mind!

thank you

ps I can bring my dancing shoes :D

HepKitty

One Too Many
I'm hoping to keep costs down, as I'm borrowing from the Bank of Daddy Dearest for my plane ticket. We'll see how it works out lol thanks Lolly for your offer that's sweet of you

HepKitty

One Too Many
Paddy seriously every time I hear from you you make me want to cry. You're so sweet and thoughtful forget about shaking your hand if I'm ever so blessed to meet you in person. you get a hug and a kiss on the cheek!

Ida helped if I were in town. Sorry kitty. More warning next time!
I'd only asked for help removing the tree from my home in return lol
Damn winds.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I know it's way short notice and I'm in the process of booking my flight right now... I appreciate the offer though

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Los Angeles Loungers - "call to arms!" ANY LOUNGERS available to help this Lady, new to the city, find her way around town for the weekend? drop her a PM ASAP, as Big Citys can be less lonely places if there are locals showing you around (as I know, thanks to the kindness of our LA crowd). She's flying in on Friday (local time).

HepKitty

One Too Many
ok so Marc asked about my weekend so here are a few details:

had a good time overall, glitch getting the rental car but I'm glad it happened because it kept me off Sunset Bvld on Friday. not sure of the time but Friday was when some lunatic stood in the middle of the street shooting at random cars until an off-duty cop shot him. TG was a lot of fun but no details because I can't talk about it :D did make it to Sunset and Hollywood bvlds Saturday, also Union Station, where I met our own brasshat all dressed up for the steam train, drove past the Cicada wanting to cry because the private party looked fabu, and went to Beverly Hills and gawked like a small-town Idaho girl at palace after palace. looked for other swing dancing but the places I found had dancing different nights of the week and I didn't feel like going to normal clubs with way too much noise, trash dancing, and beyond classy levels of alcohol. I was surprised though, I was freaking out about driving there but I did really well, and actually enjoyed it. the parking lot type traffic would annoy me if I lived there but it was nice for me because it gave me a chance to absorb my surroundings and figure out where I needed to go. cash was so limited I relied on snacks from home and a bag of salad and vitamin water that I got at a grocery store, breakfast provided by the hotel, so I had one meal in a restaurant. oh well. I did get tshirts for my kids and a shot glass for me, so that's better than adding unnecessary calories to my thighs anyway, right? lol got to fly over the Grand Canyon which is cool because I've never been there. it's still on the list for a proper visit though

here's me next to Tiffany's in Bevery Hills

brasshat looking all dapper

and the super cute steam train

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana